Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 28 July 2007 13:21 «» By: jack
Zobsky, How do I do that?
I have an extra PC. How do I go about using it as an active crossover? Share pls?
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 27 July 2007 20:37 «» By: zobsky
Re: Multi amp and electronic crossovers: Just my opinion
there's also the option of putting old PCs to work as an active crossover module . Unbelievable bang for the buck considering many of us have PCs (old or otherwise) lying around. Delay, high order slopes, various crossover functions, ... all for free .
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 15 July 2007 23:52 «» By: zobsky
crossover software
A lot of folks playing around with line arrays like to use active crossovers.If you, like me, use a PC as your source, you might find the following useful (I haven't tried it yet, as I need a passive x'over for my purposes). I suppose a lot of folks have ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 June 2007 17:35 «» By: Zene Gillette
Re: Polar, not bears.
Thanks, will read. Am I looking for -3dB or -6dB points? I was thinking of a goal of 120deg at -3dB down. In other words crossing a given size speaker just as it starts to go non-directional. Realism may enter here.I want to experiment with fairly large s...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 26 June 2007 16:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Delay lines
Sure, passive line level crossovers could be used. If you think about it, analog active filters are generally just passive components surrounded by active buffer stages. So a passive line level crossover is not much different than an analog active cross...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 26 June 2007 15:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
All active
There would be no good reason to incorporate a passive crossover in a system like this.
7 Forum: Pro Sound «» Posted on: Tue, 05 June 2007 22:41 «» By: Mike Lemke
assistance designing live-sound setup for band
Hi all - I have a few questions about setting up a system for live sound. I'll give you as much background info as I can.1 - There are three possible scnearios I would like to use this system for; a) practice in basement, b) small to midsize gigs in about...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 31 May 2007 19:31 «» By: Rick Craig
Re: Array Tweeter Selection
Actually the current version of the Dayton planar is supposed to have a push-pull magnet system that yields higher sensitivity than the YAG20. The Hi-Vi planars also have a push-pull magnet. Unless you are bi-amping with an active crossover the lower sens...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 12 May 2007 08:41 «» By: Marlboro
Better to stay ANALOG!!
So for only $300, more than the cost of the Behringer to begin with, you can upgrade it to outstanding so that all those conversions back and forth from analog to digital to analog to digital to analog can be done right?And remember that even if you do do...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 29 April 2007 20:29 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Got my line arrays on a web photo center.....finally!
Rick,Perhaps not as bad as you are thinking. He is using 3" diameter mid-woofs with 4" pipe loading for each one. It would have been better to locate these drivers closer together so that the center to center spacing was smaller (I'm guessing about 5" ...
Pages (50): [ «    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 03:54:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio