Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 11 December 2007 21:23 «» By: Tom R.
Gone active XO
I was lucky enough to borrow a Marchand XM 9 electronic crossover over the weekendand used it in my two-way line array. What a difference the active XO made. Since I got the project running I have been using textbook passive crossovers, that did not sound...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 10 December 2007 19:52 «» By: Tom R.
Re: active crossover?
I looked at the DCX2496, and all the connections are balanced, with my set up, I am all single ended / RCA or I would have jumped already.Thanks for the inputTom R
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 09 December 2007 05:14 «» By: ttan98
I have an analog Behringer 3-way x-over and then switch over to Behringer DCX2496(costs me $216 excl. postage), believe me the DCX is much better and more flexible. I suggest to move over to digital hence saves money from buying analog one,the choice is y...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 07 December 2007 14:51 «» By: Anonymous
The Behringer has more features, but are all the extra bells and whistles worth the money? I use my DCX2496 for my budget arrays. The common analog crossoverwith have the ability to adjust the crossover frequency, variableor other methods like plug in mod...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 December 2007 08:44 «» By: Walter E
The Marchand XM16 is a much better crossover than the Behringer DCX2496, IMHO. It is true that the Behringer has a lot of features, but they're window dressing. It's a digital crossover so adding features is easy. If you don't need a particular feature I ...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 02 December 2007 20:27 «» By: Tom R.
active crossover?
I am considering using an active crossover for a line array. The short list is Marchand XM 16 (48 dB/oct filterslope) or one of the Behringer units. At the moment, I need RCA connectors in & out.I like the idea if the Marchand - give me a piece of equipme...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 02 December 2007 20:18 «» By: Marc G
matching a Table Tuba bass horn
Wayne,I'm intrigued by your Pi speakers. I have built about 9 different subs and mains over the last 2-3 years but I'm not really all that satisfied with most of them for one reason or another. Some were really complicated and some rather simple. One of t...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 04 September 2007 14:37 «» By: Rick Craig
Re: one idea
Adding more drivers changes the crossover and can also change the wiring configuration. With that in mind I wouldn't go that route but if you're running active it certainly would be easy to do. I'm also not sure how much of a negative effect the gaps in t...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 September 2007 12:20 «» By: Rick Craig
Re: More questions?
Yes, I would offer it as a kit. There are drivers from AuraSound and HiVi that will work very well (maybe some others as well but I'm focusing on these). The symmetrical coverage is allowed with a line of woofers on each side flanking a line of planar or ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 03 September 2007 10:58 «» By: Rex
More questions?
Do you plan to offer it as a kit like some of the others?What mid ranges have you selected as possible choices to reduce cost?Why does "symmetrical coverage" mean?How many tweeters? And how many mid's do you think you will use?Will it be a passive crossov...
Pages (50): [ «    8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 04:03:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio