Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
500 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 April 2008 14:09 «» By: DICK
final 4pi
Hello Wayne, I'm gonna build another of your fine speakers. This midhorn of yours really intrigues me. So if I could procure from you plans to carry out my scheme I'll thank you till the wind don't blow, the grass don't grow and the river don't flow as th...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 12 March 2008 21:31 «» By: Jim Griffin
Re: Jim Griffin CSS Betals
Fred,Thanks for the report and the favorable comments. While I use my active bi-amp'ed DEQX version at home, the passive crossover version is more than acceptable to those who don't wish to have an active crossover. The crossover (1750 Hz) for both the...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 12 March 2008 09:32 «» By: FredT
Re: Jim Griffin CSS Betals
I heard the active DEQX versions at last year's Lone Star Audio Fest, and they were very impressive. I have no idea how the passive version will sound, but I am familiar with the CSS drivers used in this design and they are among the "best behaved" extend...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 10 March 2008 16:59 «» By: Champion
Re: Need bass module
Oh I see. So what do people use for the tweeter/midrange? Just conventional speakers? And how do you bend the bass module with the main speakers? With active crossover and bass amp? So basically just use them as subwoofers?This is an interesting idea...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 March 2008 16:50 «» By: Edward2
Re: Smoothing in Frequency response graphs
keithThat sounds like an equalizer in front of a standard passive crossover. An active crossover has to do the splitting, and by its nature requires multi amping since the crossover network goes Pre-amp -> active crossover -> 2 or 3 different amps -> 2 o...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 05 March 2008 13:29 «» By: Keith Larson
Re: Smoothing in Frequency response graphs
I have built a pair of lines sources, so they are particularly interesting to me. You will however find that with a limited length response will change with distance. My configuration is a combination of active and passive crossovers. The active part (...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 04 March 2008 00:27 «» By: DrD
Omega/DE250 Crossover Wired For BiAmp
Hi WayneI think this pairing needs to be tried in an open baffle. A serious, but scaled down OB, biamped, active EQ on the bass driver, and a little SET amp with gain control on top, I heard the DE250 and it rips. It is lovely. No zing no ting. It lives u...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 February 2008 15:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Adventures in biamping
Biamping is definitely a good thing. I always do dilligence in designing a good passive crossover, because I think that's still the most popular way speakers are used. I want people to be able to use the speakers with a typical receiver or amp, and not ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 04 February 2008 13:22 «» By: FredT
Rick's $8,000 Speakers
"I get in enough trouble with Rick Craig by telling him that my system performs as well as his $8000 systems"Have you actually heard Rick's $8K arrays or Danny Ritchie's LS-6 and LS-9 line arrays?Often on the DIY-oriented forums I see somebody's claim tha...
10 Forum: Measurement «» Posted on: Sat, 19 January 2008 22:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Smith and Larson - Speaker Tester
I've been using the Smith and Larson Speaker Tester (actually WTpro) for a few weeks now and I really like it. I'm planning to do a pretty thorough write-up, at least in as much as I've used the system to verify my cabinets and optimize my crossovers. I...
Pages (50): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Sun Aug 11 22:26:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio