Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 26 August 2008 23:05 «» By: Chris R.
HF bypass cap for active crossovers/EQ
Wayne, For active crossovers and EQ, does it make sense to set the graphic EQ such that there is 6dB boost at 20KHz relative to 10KHz?That would at least match the slope of your passive crossover component. I'll have to check that against what I have s...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 29 July 2008 11:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Marchand passive crossovers for Pi four
Looks great, but I'd suggest that you implement an active version of the new crossover:
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 July 2008 17:16 «» By: Bill Epstein
Re: Update, Update!!! Crossover early impressions
Played cut 1 of disc 1 Union Station Live, Let Me Touch You For Awhile, my number 1 treble edginess offender. Horrible! Windows broke all over the neighborhood! I hope Ms. Krause has insurance.Played DK's vinyl release, (I can never think of the name) she...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 30 June 2008 15:34 «» By: rickp
DIY line array's for HT
I am planning on building 3 sets of line arrays for my HT and am looking for an education, out of all the forums I have been following this seems the most knowlegable Re:(over my head). I am going to build the first set for the fronts. I have purchased 3 ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 June 2008 19:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Active crossover settings
Sounds good, Bill, keep us posted.I know how the passive crossover sounds, and I think you'll be impressed when you're done with it. But active crossovers have definite advantages too. The trick is dialing it in. The passive has already been optimized ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 June 2008 18:30 «» By: Bill Epstein
Crossover update and a monster recording
Waynes new crossover board build took a backseat to my infatuation with the ART active but I was almost to the point of bagging it and going back to passive.However, I found an opinion on the Curcio site this A.M. about not using passive attenuators to dr...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 16 June 2008 23:30 «» By: Duke
Re: crossover point
Okay, the same phenomenon of cancellation by the time the soundwave gets to the other edge, like we had with a single cone, takes place with the two cones in a dual-woofer format (assuming both woofers are active up to the crossover region). Because the ...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 18 May 2008 10:42 «» By: FredT
Re: The ultimate array
I believe the essential characteristics would be: 1)Premium quality drivers throughout, 2)Drivers in each array (W,M,T) are highly compatible with the drivers in complimentary driver arrays 3)Three-way design with a sealed midwoofer array, 4)Active digit...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:31 «» By: Rick Craig
Re: In simple terms
JPH,The delay function allows you to keep the drivers in phase because the time arrivals are different for the ribbons versus the woofers. The Behringer was designed for pro audio applications where this is very important; otherwise, the sound won't be co...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 April 2008 14:09 «» By: DICK
final 4pi
Hello Wayne, I'm gonna build another of your fine speakers. This midhorn of yours really intrigues me. So if I could procure from you plans to carry out my scheme I'll thank you till the wind don't blow, the grass don't grow and the river don't flow as th...
Pages (50): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 02:06:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio