Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Mon, 25 May 2009 22:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Group Build National Semiconductor amp
I'm still game. We never really did anything with this last time, but I'd definitely still be interested. We could probably buy from Digikey, just pool together to make one order. I'd buy several all by myself. Do you think we should make a post on the...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 May 2009 16:52 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Theater 4 Bi-Amping
Yes, that's a good way to split them out. It would be pretty easy to amp the woofer separately from the mid/tweeter in a π cornerhorn. Same idea as the sub/mains split I mentioned in the last post. That way you keep the passive crossover that's used in...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active Theater 4 Bi-Amping
I think active crossovers are a great idea, but you'll need to copy the filters exactly for proper summing.I have another suggestion: Split the subwoofer output instead of the midwoofer and tweeter. Run the mains on one amp and the subs on another. Tha...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 12 April 2009 19:44 «» By: Marc G
Re: Salvaging my misguided array Help Fred
Well I have had the combo of Fosters meets DX25 for a while now and must say I'm just not impressed with the tweeters low end distortion. I used the ART array crossover and found them quite fatiguing. I was however able to not biamp.which was easier. Do t...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 07 April 2009 12:58 «» By: akhilesh
Re: Open Baffle or none at all?
I'd do a "standard" open baffle on it. PLus use a sub. and an active crossover. and a tweeter over about 6 khz. -akhilesh
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 06 April 2009 20:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Kits
The three π subwoofer kit includes a PI-12 woofer, wired connector panel and a printed copy of the plans. For a crossover, I suggest something like this: Active Sub Crossover
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 01 April 2009 17:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multi-sub Crossovers
For those of you wanting to experiment with the multi-sub concept, I found an inexpensive crossover that you can use. Get one or two of these and use them with existing amps. If you don't have amps, this won't help, but if you do then these little cross...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 01 April 2009 17:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Multi-sub Crossovers
For those of you wanting to experiment with the multi-sub concept, I found an inexpensive crossover that you can use. Get one or two of these and use them with existing amps. If you don't have amps, this won't help, but if you do then these little cross...
9 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Mon, 30 March 2009 17:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Active Sub Crossover
On a lark, I purchased an active subwoofer crossover module a few months back. I was looking at options to plate amps, something that would allow me to use one of my many existing amplifiers with subs. My thinking was that plate amps are fine, but I al...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 29 March 2009 13:06 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active crossover for 3Pi
Op-amps are extremely easy to work with. You can design an active crossover with them using the design tool below. Choose a nice Burr-Brown chip for best results. I'm using 627 and 404 chips in a sub crossover I'm working on right now, and there are ot...
Pages (50): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 01:42:36 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio