Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 23 September 2009 15:56 «» By: Marlboro
Re: Widerange midwoofers, specs, and x-o pts...
RE: "Domes have more interference because they radiate sound the same at all angles. If you ever listen to an array with domes you'll notice the top octave sounds partially missing and that's the result of comb filtering.The same is true for arrays ...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 22 September 2009 17:41 «» By: Wendall Evans
Re: Crossover Question about building line arrays
I'm really confused now. But I'm editing this post. OK.... I went back to the posts and realize that I have some questions from the above posts: 1. Selahaudio says: " I advise against a non-DSP crossover because they typically only have symme...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 21 September 2009 08:21 «» By: selahaudio
Active crossovers give you more flexibility but regardless of what you use being able to measure the result is paramount to having optimal performance. If you're using tweeters with lower sensitivity (domes and some planars) the active crossover will help ...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 16 September 2009 18:20 «» By: AudioFred
Having more drivers doesn't give you any more flexibility in line array crossover design. In fact, it's harder to get it right with a line array because of the effects of driver size and spacing with multiple drivers. There are more variables, and a modele...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 31 August 2009 15:10 «» By: darkmoebius2
Re: second array already in the works
No problem, I am just at the beginning of the learning curve, too. I almost jumped right in, but then came to the mindset that it's best to back off any initial plans, digest all the information on speaker/array design, then pick parts to maximize perf...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 31 August 2009 12:57 «» By: darkmoebius2
Re: second array already in the works
Without going to vertical ribbons, it is going to be nearly impossible to do better than that. Eric J/Marlboro was able to shave enough flange off Dayton ND20FA-6 3/4" Dome Tweeters to get comb filtering out to 15k. But, if I remember correctly, he m...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 01 July 2009 11:15 «» By: krazylek
4PI plan with JBL 2227 & Altec 909-8A on 811B
Hello Wayne, could you send me the plans of the 4 PI ? Is there any modification to do if I use them with the horn outside the box ? And finaly do you recommand a value for the (active) crossover cutoff for my speakers ? Thank you ! Benoit
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 09 June 2009 10:10 «» By: benzene
Re: Open Baffle Visaton B200 & Eminence Delta
Wayne: Thanks for your reply. What type of measurement is needed? I'm not sure if this additional info is useful. I'm using the DCX2496 active crossover, crossover type is L-R12 for both ways, crossing at 1kHz, also tried crossing at 1.6kHz & 2kHz. ...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 09 June 2009 03:28 «» By: benzene
Open Baffle Visaton B200 & Eminence Delta
I just completed an open baffle project. But it doesn't sound right. Especially some prominent echo on the mid high freq and mid high freq is quite bright. My baffle dimension is 20" x 52", with 2" thickness. The configuration on each side ...
10 Forum: Silicon Valley «» Posted on: Sun, 31 May 2009 11:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Special Price for Dayton APA150 Amp
I'm wondering exactly what they did to that amplifier to justify the modded price. I mean, I took a cheap little active sub crossover and put in (3) $20 Burr Brown op amps and a bunch of poly film caps to replace electrolytics. That's maybe a hundred b...
Pages (50): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Sun Jul 14 02:14:43 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio