Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
213 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 23 January 2005 06:49 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Favorite flavors
This may not be directly on topic but first I would like to thank both of you guys for this interesting debate. I have always found it easier to learn when there is a discussion involved than when one person explains a situation. The points left out in an...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 22 January 2005 23:20 «» By: Wayne Parham
Sorry Earl, but I just don't agree. I like a lot of your ideas, but on this point, maybe we don't agree.Non-uniformity of off-axis response is not generally considered to be a plus. Some live with this defect, but I don't think anyone considers it to be...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 22 January 2005 21:09 «» By: Earl Geddes
WayneThese two comments are not true."But the listening area just becomes too small. The reverberent field is usually non-uniform too, since the highly directional nature of a narrow HF horn is very different than the non-directional LF energies produced ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 29 December 2004 14:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: JBL sub1500 corner horn?
That is a nice woofer. It works well in sealed cabinets, and is not underdamped (peaky) in even very small boxes, down to 0.5ft3. However, bass response isn't good unless the cabinet is made larger than at least 1.0ft3, where f3 is 60Hz. In my opinion,...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 04 February 2004 03:10 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: Speedbump #1
Hi GarThe H290 and H295 are both 90x40deg dispersion. I'm pretty sure the two horns are about the same in the horizontal plane - they both offer tight pattern control here. But the H295 constant directivity horn will have a little more uniform dispersion ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 14 January 2004 15:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Slot vs Bullet
I like the JBL 2405 first and foremost simply because it is a great sounding driver. The fact that it has a wide horizontal pattern and narrow vertical is a bonus, since that's where the energy is most useful. But to be honest, the pattern is a little w...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 04 January 2004 22:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Check out Linkwitz
It's the push-pull configuration that reduces second harmonics, not a single driver dipole. The idea is that if there is uniform asymmetrical motion from the suspension or the motor, driving two similar devices in opposite directions will cancel it.The d...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 05 November 2003 22:29 «» By: Wayne Parham
Set your goals, model a design and build it
I like midrange horns using medium-format (8" - 12") cone drivers. To me, they sound very clear and natural. You just really can't take a modern compression driver down to 100Hz-200Hz, and that's where the larger cone-driver horns really shin...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 16 June 2003 18:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 902 crossover point
As I recall, that was an early attempt at matching directivity. While I applaud this in general, I don't think the Altec sectional horns are good canidates for this approach because they're not CD. Add another crossover point to device with another very ...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 13 May 2003 23:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Baffle spacing, phase angles and time alignment, revisited
In this post, I'd like to revisit the issues of baffle spacing, phase angles and time alignment. It's been a while since we talked about this, and I think it would be good to come at it from a different angle. Bad pun. Sorry. There's no way to ma...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 11:24:25 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio