Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
213 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 12 June 2008 12:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Let's look at this
Are you sure the compression driver isn't damaged? I'll bet something has happened to it, possibly debris behind the phase plug or in the gap. You may have just gotten a bad driver with a damaged diaphragm or something.I ask because I've never heard or ...
2 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Fri, 09 May 2008 12:19 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2008 - Show Coverage, Seminar Recordings, Slideshows and Handouts
Don't leave out Skip Pack and Bob Brines. They generally have very good sounding systems. I regret that I didn't get a chance to stop by and listen. Too much to do!About Duke's speakers, I was able to listen briefly and what I heard sounded very good. ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 February 2008 12:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Klipschorn vs seven π cornerhorn
I think the Klipschorn is a fine speaker that sounds good in spite of its warts. It was designed in the 1940's. That's impressive to me, all by itself.On the other hand, a folded basshorn used to 400Hz is not a good idea. Middle "C" on a piano is 260Hz...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 26 November 2007 20:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Imaging with Pi Speakers
I've always found speakers that project a nearly uniform radiation pattern sound most natural.The thing is, the opposite case - speakers with very non-uniform radiation pattern - create a pinpoint "pocket" where sound is best. The trick is to carefully p...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 26 November 2007 20:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: why not
I've built some smaller three-way speakers, some that I thought were quite good. But they never work as well off-axis, which means the reverberent field isn't as uniform. You can't make a small midrange with unform directivity. If it's small, it must be...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 11 November 2007 16:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
DI matching
DI is an abbreviation for directivity index. DI matching is a design philosophy of making crossover near the frequency where the direct radiator directivity collapses to be near that of the horn. It makes off-axis response closer to a straight line, act...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 24 July 2007 16:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Woodhorn tweeter measurements
π Speakers 90° wood tweeter hornThis is the end result of a long time dream of mine, to have a very high quality wood horn tweeter for my speakers. I wanted a horn that had the right acoustic properties and be visually appealing too. There are lots of g...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 28 June 2007 16:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Polar, not bears.
You can design a speaker with any directional pattern you like. Prosound speakers tend to be offered with narrower patterns than home hifi speakers. For example, you can find prosound speakers with 90°, 60° and even 40° patterns. Most home hifi speaker...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 14 April 2007 10:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
You've got mail!
Each model is different, but the cabinet for the bass bins in the Stage and Professional Series are the same. The Theater Series is different. I've sent plans for the Professional Series seven π cornerhorn, the highest quality model.Imaging is such a su...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 07 January 2007 10:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: likely 'in room' sound?
I've always found that the cornerhorn sounds best, mostly because the directivity is uniform throughout the audio band. The model cornerhorn you choose is more a cost and size consideration. As for room interaction, I suggest modeling with Cara. The on...
Pages (22): [ «    7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22    »]

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 07:54:35 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio