Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
213 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 October 2008 18:32 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Recommended toe in
Since all models of π Speakers from three π to seven π produce a nice uniform pattern, they are tonally balanced and sound good as long as you're listening to them somewhere in the pattern. That said, there are some placements that are better than oth...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 05 October 2008 11:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi vs 7pi
Your placement situation is ideal. Don't change the orientation - the're designed to be toed in exactly 45°, as their shape and corner placement suggests. The speaker is designed to provide uniform directivity through a 90° arc, and response is good eve...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 September 2008 23:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7-Pi crossover points
The seven π crossover points are 250Hz and 1.6kHz.The upper crossover is almost exactly the same as the crossover in the three π and four π speakers and for the same reason. Summing is good, response is pure and directivity is matched, providing a nice u...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 02 September 2008 13:16 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Midhorn Flat Pack Kit???
It's a conical horn. I've used a lot of conicals over the years and I like them for low coloration and uniform directivity.
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 11 August 2008 17:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
New crossover's off-axis performance
That's right, there's no decrease in efficiency with the new crossovers. In fact, if you make or buy the new crossover with high quality parts and compare it with an earlier crossover made with average quality parts, the new one might be a little higher ...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 16 July 2008 14:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Need help
Let's get together soon, maybe this weekend or the one after that.There are two things I can offer as a suggestion. One, we can measure your speakers with LMS and/or the Smith & Larson system to see what's happening. Two, we can put my four π's in place...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 13 July 2008 18:58 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Woofer directivity
There is a formula to find the directivity of a direct radiating woofer but understand that it is just an approximation. You can expect a rigid flat piston radiator to generate a 90° pattern (-6dB) at the frequency where diameter equals wavelength. Chap...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 July 2008 17:52 «» By: Wayne Parham
Matching directivity in the vertical and the horizontal planes
One of the main reasons I have always used asymmetrical horns is to match directivity in the vertical plane as well as in the horizontal plane. I have always found the matched-directivity two-way configuration to sound very smooth because it generates a...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 June 2008 14:55 «» By: PaulW
Re: Uniform directivity
I absolutely agree with everything you've said and the more I adjust and add/remove elements of room treatment, I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps the speakers are just to big for the room (approx 195 sq feet). This combined with the seating posit...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 June 2008 13:50 «» By: Wayne Parham
Uniform directivity
The B&C DE250 is one of the smoothest compression drivers I've ever heard or measured. For that matter, it's one of the smoothest tweeters of any type I've measured. It doesn't reach beyond 18kHz, but up to that point, it is smooth as silk. A DE250 on ...
Pages (22): [ «    6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 04:49:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio