Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
213 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 11 January 2009 15:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Recommended for 2 Pi Towers?
I don't run subs with my two π towers.When you asked about subs I gave some suggestions as to what could be used, but don't take that as a recommendation either for or against using them.The multi-sub approach is a strategy that smoothes the energy distri...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 January 2009 12:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Positioning and subs
I have always liked corner placement where possible. It sets the radiation angle at frequencies above the Schroeder frequency. If a sound source would radiate omnidirectionally otherwise, placing it in a trihedral corner forces radiation to be limited t...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 January 2009 11:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Floor Bounce ?
Floor bounce is a reflection from the floor that creates a self-interference notch. It usually occurs between 100Hz and 200Hz, but is totally dependent on the height of the speaker and the distance to the listener. What causes it is a path length diffe...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 05 January 2009 20:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Imaging, placement and orientation
That's very true. The one π and two π models do not provide constant directivity like the three π, four π and π cornerhorn models do.The one π and two π speakers are direct radiators with fairly simple crossover networks. They're great for on-axis liste...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 02 January 2009 15:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Imaging, placement and orientation
We've discussed uniform directivity and its benefits many times here. We've also talked about the reasons why the imaging of the π cornerhorn is good throughout a large listening area, because of the combination of its uniform directivity and the requis...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 26 December 2008 11:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: JBL 2446 & 2226 in a Corner Horn Design
I've used the 2206 as a midbass driver, and it's a great part but won't work properly in the π midhorn. You probably can find a JBL 2012 or 2123 in good shape, and those work well. As for compression drivers and horns, I suggest going with JBL 2426 if y...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 15 December 2008 16:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Back loaded corner horn
You're talking about the old original PiAilgn.doc paper from the 1970's. It described some of my basic philosophies early on, and it also shows the formula that is used to calculate box sizes, both standard reflex boxes and cornerhorns. This document do...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 11 December 2008 11:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
JBL 2226
The four π loudspeaker asks a lot of its midwoofer, as does any two-way loudspeaker designed to provide uniform directivity. The crossover point has to be fairly high in order to match directivity of the midwoofer with the tweeter, because it requires th...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 09 December 2008 16:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: high eff. 3way.
To get higher efficiency than your little one π Speakers, you're probably going to need horns. One π's are 95dB/2.83v/M, so your goal is to go above that.There are a handful of speakers that get above 95dB/2.83v/M but not many that go above 100dB/2.83v/M...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 31 October 2008 11:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
You've got mail!
The H290 horn used in π speakers provides uniform directivity and smooth response. It has a radiused throat with no sharp bends anywhere. I think it's a very good horn for this application, acoustically smooth both in response and directivity.We also ha...
Pages (22): [ «    5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 03:57:58 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio