Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
213 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 February 2009 11:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Tweeter circuits for constant directivity horns and waveguides
I have used Erse capacitors, in fact, they're in stock now and they are used on some of the crossovers I provide as kits or in finished products. I consider them to be about the same quality level as Solen caps. Here's a post I wrote a little while bac...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 04 February 2009 13:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Usage notes: woofer size, directivity, subs, etc.
I used to make speakers with 18" woofers, but don't anymore. They don't make sense for speakers like the four π model. Directivity is wrong for the matched-directivity two-ways, and the midrange isn't usually as good as a smaller driver provides. ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 02 February 2009 16:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi Three or Two Tower - suggestions Wayne please?
Both are great speakers, and both work very nicely on tube amps. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.The two π tower has a small footprint, low cost and deep extended bass. It is a smooth sounding speaker that is popular with just about everyone. It ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 02 February 2009 13:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: What's your favorite horn and crossover for the DE250?
I like the Eminence H290 90°x40° horn, and especially my own π wood horn. It has a straight sides, radiused to match the throat entry angle like an oblate spheroid or quadratic horn. The mouth is radiused too, to eliminate any sharp edges. This reduce...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 01 February 2009 12:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three Pi Towers ?
You can certainly make the cabinets larger, but you'll need to modify the port to keep the same Helmholtz frequency. The Delta 12LFA works well in cainets fom 2.0ft3 to 6.0ft3 tuned to 30Hz. Larger cabinets develop deeper bass.One thing to watch out for...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 31 January 2009 11:23 «» By: Wayne Parham
You've got mail!
Of course, any modifications will affect performance in some way. However, the one π and two π model speakers are perhaps less sensitive to changes since they are not constant directivity speakers like the three π, four π and cornerhorn models. Speakers...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 23 January 2009 18:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Single sub bad - multi subs good
I agree with you about running subs and mains as stereo pairs. If outdoors or in a very large room, I'd also agree about keeping subs and mains within 1/4λ at the crossover point. That's essentially what you're saying, I think, when you talk about being...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 18 January 2009 23:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Countering throat distortion in conical mid horns
I don't know why your image link didn't work, but I saw your horns in the link below. Could be the hosting system doesn't allow image links. Good looking horns, by the way. Put 'em in a cornerhorn, crossover to a tweeter with uniform directivity...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 15 January 2009 13:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Positioning and subs
The four π speaker uses a horn to provide uniform directivity. It is what I call a directivity-matched two-way loudspeaker. Both the three π and four π speakers are this type. What they are designed to do is to crossover from a direct radiating midwoo...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 13 January 2009 13:14 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Subwoofer Recommended for 2 Pi Towers?
Bass from the eight π is deep and full, much like the two π towers. So you can certainly enjoy them without subs. But these speakers are a step up, in that they do provide uniform directivity. They can be placed in corners, much like a π cornerhorn, or...
Pages (22): [ «    4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 04:26:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio