Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
213 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 30 June 2009 08:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Help please ... from the bottom up
The Audio Note speakers are most like the two π tower speaker. They are very similar in sound and appearance. One thing the two π tower offers is deep bass in a relatively small package, at least in terms of footprint. It has the bass of a much larg...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 24 June 2009 11:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Finished Pi 4 with photos
Excellent, interesting project. I like the implementation. That's the horn some of the folks at AK use in their "Econowaves". I would probably have used that horn if I were looking. From the measurements, I'd say it was basically equivalent...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
My personal opinions of various design philosophies
I have measured and heard the difference from a horn with mouth roundover compared with another similar horn with a sharp terminating edge. I should say right off that this is not always the case, and specifically, if used at a high enough crossover the...
4 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 18 May 2009 17:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Waveguides verses Horns
I've always liked the design principles of the kinds of horns that are now called "waveguides." If you look back through the Pi Speaker forum archives, you'll see a clear pattern of preference to horns that delivered constant directivity (especi...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 07 April 2009 17:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: B&C DE 250 and compensation
Remember that the Econowave crossover used on the AK site is a derivative of my π crossover. It's basically the same as what I'd use for an 8dB network, combined with an L-Pad for variable tweeter output. The L-Pad changes the scale of the R1/R2 values...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 19 March 2009 13:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Waveguides ARE Horns
The term "waveguide" has been applied to horns that provide constant directivity using a flare that doesn't require diffraction for waveshaping. They're a specialized subset. An acoustic waveguide is a horn, but a horn is not necessarily a wa...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 07 March 2009 16:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Suitable tweeter horns
There have been several people that have done that over the years. Of course, this changes the polar response of the speakers. One of my main focuses has been uniform directivity, so this isn't something I recommend. But you can certainly mount a salad...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 23 February 2009 13:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cornerhorn implementations
I'll try to answer your specific question first, and then move on to "the bigger picture." The Omega 15 is a better woofer than the Delta 15. Not that the Delta 15 is a bad woofer, I find it very pleasant sounding, but the cast frame, lar...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 17 February 2009 12:26 «» By: Wayne Parham
seven π setup
I suggest having the midhorn and tweeter angled inward 45°, same as the bass bin. The crossover is actually designed for that placement, with each horn mouth flush. It should look like this: seven π cornerhorn Using this configuration does thre...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 15 February 2009 12:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Using multi-subs to smooth bass response in room
Have you ever considered using multiple subwoofers? The multi-sub configuration not only provides deeper bass extension but also smoothes room modes. I've used seven π cornerhorns by themselves in many rooms and been absolutely thrilled by their perf...
Pages (22): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Tue Aug 13 07:39:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio