Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
366 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 14:58 «» By: GarMan
Re: Suggestions for Active crossover for Theater 4 pi (long)
Chris, if I had a sub as nice as yours, I'd brag too.I'd only use the high-pass filter in a plate amp as a last resort. I think it's much better to use the natural rolloff of the main speakers and adjust the low-pass freq on the plate amp accordingly to ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 14:13 «» By: Chris R
I don't have the particular setup you have, but I built a sub withone of the plate amps from Parts Express. Its the 250W, no remoteone. Its driven from the HT receiver sub out, so no external XO.The plate amp does have line level stereo in/out, so you c...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 11:34 «» By: GarMan
Frank,If you're using an active XO to divide the signal between your Theatre-4 and sub, there's no need for a passive XO in your sub.I re-read your original post again and you mentioned "active-sub" a few times. An "active-sub" usually has a plate amp (a...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 03 August 2005 07:40 «» By: GarMan
Hey Frank,Good to see you completed the Theatre-4 and you're enjoying it. They don't go all the way down to shake your walls, but low enough for most music.I'm assuming what you want to do is keep the passive crossover in your Theatre-4 and use a 2-way a...
5 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Tue, 02 August 2005 21:37 «» By: colinhester
Re: WTB: Sub woofer plate amp
GarMan, Thanks for the offer. It look likes Bill is going to deliver the amp in person on August 13. Bill, Spkrman57 (Ron) and Zincman (Tim) are coming to my house for a mini audiofest. I'll be sure and post pictures. Thanks again.....Colin
6 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Tue, 02 August 2005 11:51 «» By: GarMan
Colin,If Epstein's amp doesn't work out, have a look at this model from Parts Express. I purchased one for my Tuba18 project (which I haven't started yet). It's got some cool features for its price such as 24db/oct adjustable lowpass and softclip. I've...
7 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Sat, 30 July 2005 15:55 «» By: BillEpstein
I have a 150 watt/4 ohm PE amp gathering dust.Wasn't enough for the Titanic. Should be enough for Alpha's.Waddya you got?
8 Forum: Swap Meet «» Posted on: Fri, 29 July 2005 15:01 «» By: colinhester
WTB: Sub woofer plate amp
Hopefully, I'm getting a sub enclosure (9 cubic feet) and 2 Eminence Alpha 15 drivers in a couple of weeks. I need a plate amp to drive these. Anyone got an extra plate amp sitting around and wanting to sell cheap?......Colin
9 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sat, 23 July 2005 20:19 «» By: Howard
Tweaker mono amp stage two pictures
Dear ForumMy proposed mono amp boxes have been built out of a heavy grade aluminium. They are have been holed. The design size is based on the dimensions of a cardboard lid (Reflex photocopy paperbox) It had a certain symmetry? I will be using a wooden (...
10 Forum: Thermionic Emissions «» Posted on: Sun, 17 July 2005 20:52 «» By: Thermionic
Re: Fixed Bias v. Cathode Bias
Some personal musings on operating class, in conjunction with Wayne's. Class A means that the tube (or transistor) is biased so that it conducts through the full 360 degrees of the AC signal input cycle, at the full unclipped output of the amplifier. This...
Pages (37): [ «    14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29    »]

Current Time: Thu Jun 13 02:48:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio