Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
251 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 November 2011 14:06 «» By: porfido
Re: Pi-3 in little room?
Thank you, Wayne! Really interesting topics! Could you please send me plans for Pi-3 and Pi-4? Thank you very much!
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 November 2011 13:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi-3 in little room?
Yes, the four π model will work just fine as well. But do not dismiss your subs so quickly. I recommend them for all models of loudspeakers. They're not just there for added bass extension, but also for modal smoothing. This is even more important ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 11 November 2011 23:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6PI vs 7PI
It does have greater extension, but of course, in-room response under 200Hz is always so room specific. So understand that while anechoic response shows a deeper f3, in practice, you really are still best served with a couple of subs in addition to the ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 11 November 2011 14:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6PI vs 7PI
Almost no difference. Above 100Hz, the two speakers are virtually identical in sound character and quality. Their directivity patterns are similar, their spectral balance is similar, in all respects, they are very much the same. The differences below 1...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 09 November 2011 12:44 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 6 Pi
That will work. Obviously, we'd prefer a symmetrical pair of corners, but that's enough wall space to form waveguides for the range that matters - the range above the Schroeder frequency. Below that, room modes set the pattern anyway. Put subs in oppo...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 November 2011 17:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Notes for the DIYer
Several new loudspeaker projects have been started that are similar to my three π and four π loudspeakers. So I'm getting lots of PMs and posts asking what I'd do about this and what I think about that. Most seem to be concerned with the crossover, thi...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 28 October 2011 20:55 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3D Sound
Oh, yes, I know. It's described in the Carver patent. I have the same settings in my processor, and I've tried the setup. So I know what you are experiencing - a sort of headphone-like imaging from loudspeakers. It's very good, but the benefits are...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 25 October 2011 16:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Helper Woofer Location
I like the flanking sub approach because it is so flexible. If you wanted to use your speakers outdoors or in a very large space, where you want sound sources to be within 1/4λ through their passbands, you can always sit the mains on top of the subs for...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 24 October 2011 17:36 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Helper Woofer Location
The best approach for the helper woofer is to locate it physically between the main midwoofer and the nearest room boundaries. So you might want to put the helper woofer on the back, near the bottom. I sometimes call this a "flanking sub" app...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 12 October 2011 12:48 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker placement and wavefront launch
Absolutely, the woofer in a constant directivity cornerhorn runs up to around ~300Hz, with a gradual first-order rolloff. It overlaps with the midhorn from 100Hz to 300Hz, smoothing the vertical modes. It gives a full, rich body to the fundamentals in ...
Pages (26): [ «    9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24    »]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 01:16:45 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio