Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
275 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 05 September 2004 09:52 «» By: Ralph
Re: BR + TL + FH
Thanks for your input, Martin. A dual horn might be the best bet.However, on a purely technical standpoint, do you think a speaker can be made that uses Helmholtz and pipe organ resonation, both and at the same time? Rear horns are so large and I hoped to...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Fri, 03 September 2004 17:55 «» By: Ralph
Re: BR + TL + FH
I'm thinking of a dual horn concept. The front wave fires into a front horn as you say. The rear wave fires into a 24" pipe for ~150hz TL. The pipe volume and the port opening would also make a Helmholtz cavity so I could size the port for ~60hz. What do ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 07 April 2004 17:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Cabinet configurations
The woofer in the Stage or Premium Stage four π speaker can be swapped with a JBL 2226H, but the Theater Series four π cabinet is much larger.Putting a JBL 2226 or an Eminence Kilomax 15 or Omega 15 in a Theater Series four π cabinet results in a...
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 24 March 2004 15:04 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Effects of a low pass notch filter on BR versus TL: speculations
The fundamental tuning device of a bass-reflex cabinet is a Helmholtz resonator, which has one predominant frequency. A transmission line has a primary resonant frequency, but it also has multiple harmonics above that. So I would expect a transmission l...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 08 March 2004 10:10 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Woofer speed
The main point is that "speed" is a rather inaccurate term to use, since all speakers will move their diaphrams the same speed at a given frequency and a given excursion. But just like mass is only one property, so too is inductance. Each of these is a ...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 14 February 2004 04:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Port Flare on 2 Pi
The Helmholtz forumula makes no provisions for flares of this sort. You may have to come at it from an empirical point of view. I would suggest that if you just radius the edge, you'll probably not alter the Helmholtz frequency very much. But you can a...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 09 February 2004 14:34 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Trapezoid enclosures
There's no harm in making your cabinets this shape as long as the cabinet volume is kept the same. All box volume calculations are the same - The Helmholtz resonator formed by the bass-reflex cabinet doesn't care if the volume is formed by a box, a trap...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 05 February 2004 13:27 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Making some progress on my PVC pipe/ RS 1197 project
Gerat write-up! Looks like an interesting project.About transmission lines: Naturally, the longer the line, the lower the fundamental resonant frequency. If augmentation begins in the upper mid-bass where the driver is already strong, you might develop...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 21 January 2004 18:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: PiAlign program
PiAlign uses the terms Fre and Qe to describe cabinet tuning. Fre is the Helmholtz frequency and Qe expresses a ratio of cabinet volume to port area. But PiAlign also suggests a specific port and cabinet volume that reflect these values. You can substi...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 26 December 2003 03:27 «» By: Adrian Mack
Re: may i know your whole box dimension?
Hi AdkinsThanks for the kind words. How you tune an enclosure depends on what sort it is. In a sealed box, the only thing you can vary is box volume, but in a vented box you get the port (helmholtz resonator) and the box volume too. Perhaps you would bene...
Pages (28): [ «    13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28    »]

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 04:42:13 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio