Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
275 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 16 August 2005 09:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: tuning the Alpha 10"
You can use a 4" diameter, 3½" long. There's a formula and simple program to calculate the Helmholtz frequency in the post called "Two Pi with off-sized speaker box."
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 11 August 2005 10:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Horns, transmission lines and reflex cabinets
I think your assessment is correct. But I also think it's important to look closely at this, because small basshorns are the same thing as tapered pipes in all but name. Bass-reflex speakers provide augmented bass output too. So to talk about the diffe...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 July 2005 11:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Alignments
For every driver, there's a continuum of alignments that are possible. There is a reasonbly wide range where response is flat and in this range, a larger box just provides deeper bass extension. For an example a JBL 2226 in a 2.0ft3 box tuned to 50Hz ha...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 July 2005 17:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Replacment speaker help
Maybe measure the box and the port? Open it up and check for items inside that will displace internal volume too. You'll want to offset the displaced volume for any internal components, like for the woofer, midrange, tweeter and crossover. You can meas...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 26 June 2005 22:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: I have a VMPS larger
You can tune fb with impedance measurements. If there are no unusual cabinet features, it should be as predicted by the Helmholtz formula:
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 15 June 2005 17:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three Pi to Six Pi Upgrade
The Theater three π cabinet is a Helmholtz resonator, just like any other bass-reflex cabinet. The alignment is specified by PiAlign, and the values it specifies are not unlike other common alignments.The Delta 12LF is best used in cabinets from 2.0ft3 t...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 02 June 2005 10:37 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Designing a TL
I am familiar with the models and agree with your points. However, my point still stands as well, and that is that Helmholtz resonance and standing wave resonance are not mutually exclusive. All vented boxes have both properties in play; There is no ot...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Thu, 02 June 2005 08:45 «» By: Bob Brines
theoretically, but from a practical point, is is sort of a red herring. I agree that will exist in a quarter-wave pipe, but it will most likely be overwhelmed by the quarter-wave harmonics. Also, as Martin points out, the math takes care of the issue anyw...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 01 June 2005 18:37 «» By: Martin
Hi Wayne,The MathCad worksheets can calculate the response of either a Helmholtz or a 1D pipe resonance. The lumped parameter freeware programs most people use only calculate Helmholtz resonance so they never predict standing waves. Classic bass reflex ...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 01 June 2005 17:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
As I see it, pipe mode resonance and Helmholtz resonance are not mutually exclusive. It's not an either/or proposition and I don't think either is necessarily better or worse. However, I do agree that Helmholtz resonance does not have harmonic modes. S...
Pages (28): [ «    11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26    »]

Current Time: Wed Jul 17 03:59:26 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio