Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
275 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 02 May 2009 11:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Converting 3 Pi to 4 Pi
Replacing the front baffle would probably be the best way to do it, actually. Use a port with the same area (6.25" x 3.5") as the four π, but make it a 1.5" shorter to tune the Helmholtz frequency to 38Hz (8.5" long). The JBL 2226 will sound very nice i...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 10 April 2009 19:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Cabinets for Four Pi speakers
What you propose is fine. Just make sure the Helmholtz frequency is 38Hz and put the tweeter horn immediately above the woofer.As for the crossover, assuming you'll be using an 8Ω DE250, I suggest adding a little more attenuation to the tweeter circuit. ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 09 April 2009 10:28 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Speaker setup
Actually, the cabinet volume is fine for the 2226, it's the Helmholtz frequency that's wrong. The three π and four π speakers are slightly different size, but either could be used as long as the port was right for the woofer chosen. So you would need to...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 18 March 2009 11:57 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi7 port plans
It is different. I used to use a port like pictured in your post, one that I called a "periscope" layout. I changed the port to be bent in an "L" shape, formed with one side piece and two top pieces. It's just easier to make, in my opinion. Both tune ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 01 March 2009 20:56 «» By: Wayne Parham
Close, but not the same
They're close enough in volume that either would work for the other if the Helmholtz frequency were right. That's the main thing, the cabinets are tuned to a different frequency. They are a slightly different volume as well.
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 27 February 2009 12:22 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Venturi Port ???
I would not want anything that increases airspeed in order to have a pressure change across the bump. Radiused ends are good if airspeed is a little on the high side. If the airspeed is really low, some of these details don't matter much. All we're try...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 01 February 2009 12:54 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Three Pi Towers ?
You can certainly make the cabinets larger, but you'll need to modify the port to keep the same Helmholtz frequency. The Delta 12LFA works well in cainets fom 2.0ft3 to 6.0ft3 tuned to 30Hz. Larger cabinets develop deeper bass.One thing to watch out for...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 23 December 2008 11:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Altering dimensions
In most cases, dimensions of a bass-reflex box can be changed slightly with no ill-effects. As long as you don't significantly alter the Helmholtz frequency or go too large or too small, you can usually make some changes. The things to be careful of whe...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 13 December 2008 13:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Vas=8.3, Fts=40, Qts=0.35
I'd probably put a woofer with specs like that in a cabinet from 2.5ft3 to 5.03 tuned to 40Hz, just like the JBL 2226 or Omega 15. That is slightly overdamped, so it's good inside a room and also thermal shifts won't make it peaky down low.If using it in...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 10 December 2008 21:15 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Beta 12LTA revisited
The Beta 12LT works pretty well in boxes from 2.0ft3 to 9.0ft3 tuned to 35Hz.Port placement isn't usually an issue, unless of course there are relatively low-frequency standing waves within the cabinet that cannot be attenuated with stuffing. In that ca...
Pages (28): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 08:35:24 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio