Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 February 2016 13:52 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3Pi sub placement
Do a search here for flanking subs. That's how you want to set them up. Each sub should flank it's main, being slightly behind, below and behind. That will provide smoothing of the anomalies caused by reflections from nearest boundaries.
2 Forum: General «» Posted on: Mon, 21 December 2015 18:41 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: inline rca crossovers
Thanks Wayne. Is your experience with the rca filters using them for a flanking subs configuration to blend with your 3pi's or 4pi's? Ill be trying them with your 3 pi subs (flanking my 4pi's), and was wondering what crossover frequency you used (100...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 14 December 2015 16:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 7Pi plans
The tonal balance is the same, but constant directivity cornerhorns have an advantage in that they do not suffer coloration from early reflections like all other forms of speakers do. They are acoustically close enough to nearest boundaries to act as th...
4 Forum: General «» Posted on: Fri, 11 December 2015 16:22 «» By: johnnycamp5
inline rca crossovers
Anyone familiar with the Harrison Labs FMOD inline rca crossovers/filters? Ive got an extra amp and attenuator that Id like to use for a pair of flanking subs, so Im considering trying the inline passives instead of an electronic crossover. Regards! ...
5 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 09 December 2015 19:42 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Flanking subs
So I've decided not to build another passive radiator sub, like the one I own/describe above, to use in a flaking sub config. Instead, I'd like to build two, 3pi subs, and I'm starting to put some more thought into how I'm going to hook them up once bui...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 05 December 2015 15:54 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Mono "flanking sub"
That ought to do it man. It should certainly help even things out in your room. Your room looks to be a decent size. If I understand correctly, smaller rooms benefit from multiple subs more so than larger ones. Regards!
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 01 December 2015 12:01 «» By: johnnycamp5
Jon- Not to repeat............... but I repeat..... I think you might be better off setting up your two subs as "flanking" the mains, instead of "one helper woofer, one lfe, distant woofer" approach. I say this because I...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 30 November 2015 12:27 «» By: jonone
Hi Wayne. I've got quite a good Handel on the approach now, and that's sums the technique up perfectly in a couple of paragraphs! Great for new members to the forum I realise I'm not actually using this technique and in fact what I'm doing is using two...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 30 November 2015 10:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Never apologize for asking questions here. That's what AudioRoundTable.com is for! The thing is, flanking subs are a specialized type of multi-sub. Each flanking subwoofer is supposed to be placed two to three feet below, beside and behind a main sp...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 29 November 2015 14:41 «» By: jonone
I have an eq question, sorry Wayne ! My original plan is to have one channel of the 2x4 mini dsp for the flanking sub fed from the summed mains and the other channel for the nearfield sub fed from the lfe out but this means they have seperate eq chan...
Pages (50): [ «    13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28    »]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 14:54:30 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio