Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Wed, 27 July 2016 09:19 «» By: jonone
Re: Midbass slam
Sub bass frequency' s are many tens of feet long, so 5ft from the speakers shouldnt make any difference. In my opinion I would only use sealed for subs and you need drivers with huge magnets to control the cone, lack of control leads to boom in my experie...
2 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 26 July 2016 15:06 «» By: johnnycamp5
Here is my current set up. It sits along the front/narrow wall (15.5'). Front door is on the left. When I incorporate the flanking subs, I will have to re-locate the speakers and tv along one of the long/side walls (27'). I will also be able to a...
3 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 26 July 2016 06:03 «» By: jonone
Thank you. I will let you know what happens with the flanking subs! Good luck in building yours, post up some pictures! Have you got any pictures of your setup at the moment?
4 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Tue, 19 July 2016 06:36 «» By: jonone
Midbass slam
I went to a house party the other day which was outside and they had hired some pa speakers, they weren't huge probably 12" 2 ways and a pair of 15-18" subs. The bass was really powerful, that classic hit you in the chest bass just like only li...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 18 July 2016 11:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: My weekend 4Pi Speaker Build
Very cool build. Thanks for posting your progress! I recommend OddWatt amps for these speakers, and I've showed with them at LSAF many times. It's a great combination. You did the same thing with your waveguides that I do in my personal builds. ...
6 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 18 July 2016 10:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Mono "flanking sub"
Subwoofer cabinet shape isn't really important because the cabinet is acoustically small. Standing waves cannot setup inside. Welti started off doing just position but later added equalization. Geddes proibably followed suit. It's an Nth degree thi...
7 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 17 July 2016 16:18 «» By: johnnycamp5
How important is sub enclosure shape? Lets use a 40"x40"x40" cube as a huge example. Instead of a cube, could one build sub enclosures tall and thin, for example- 40" wide x 80" tall x 20" deep? This does not chan...
8 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sun, 17 July 2016 10:04 «» By: jonone
Wayne Is there an explanation why zero delay was flatter then most other options I tried? Any delay configuration I tried just moved the dips somewhere else in the response? One thing I did try before I got my new amp was to change the mains distance to...
9 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 16 July 2016 11:48 «» By: johnnycamp5
Wow....... page 7 of this thread is a great bit of info. Ive been wondering about "delay" for the flanking subs as well, but Wayne confirmed my thoughts, with using "positioning". I see a ton of home theater guys (example AVS fo...
10 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Sat, 16 July 2016 09:25 «» By: jonone
It's Interesting that I found adding no delay to my two subs gave the flattest response, this was after hours of trying endless possibilities of delay between the two. Thanks again for being so helpful!
Pages (50): [ «    10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25    »]

Current Time: Mon Jun 10 10:10:19 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio