Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
499 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Speaker «» Posted on: Mon, 22 April 2019 12:57 «» By: johnnycamp5
Re: Pi speaker arrangement.
Thanks. I spray foamed the entire underside of the decking (ceiling between floor joists) with diy open cell foam, then installed the ultra-touch (cotton) insulation over that. With the entire ceiling acting as a broad band absorer, It doesn't sound b...
2 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Sun, 21 April 2019 10:41 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Improving acoustics in living room
The "most valuable change" is the one that provides the most benefit. That wasn't meant as an impertinent reply, but rather to highlight the fact that different environments have different problems. The most common problems indoors are rela...
3 Forum: Room Acoustics «» Posted on: Tue, 16 April 2019 08:43 «» By: jtwrace
JBL M2 Setup
I recently moved to a new space and have been putting my system back together which consists of the below. I'm going to add some flanking subs to start, then distributed subs. I'll post some measurements as the starting point once I get further down the ...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 13 March 2019 13:12 «» By: Mabob
Re: 3 Pi plans
Thanks for the Six Pi plans and nice words about my build! I really like the way they look on the stands and I'm sure I would be satisfied with this setup after adding flanking subs. What stops me going down that road at the moment is that I would have...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 12 March 2019 14:43 «» By: Wayne Parham
That sure is a nice looking pair of three π speakers! I like the stands they're on too. They'd be perfect for use with flanking subs. The way to implement flanking subs is to use the left and right preamp outputs as input signals for the left and ri...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 11 March 2019 17:15 «» By: Mabob
Thanks for all the information on flanking subs and the corner horns. After much consideration and I think that I will upgrade my 3pi.s to 6pi cornerhorns. I think that way I'll make the most of my limited space. The back wall is about 3m wide and if I...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 March 2019 10:11 «» By: Wayne Parham
Flanking subs are really just "helper woofers" except that they are generally tuned to provide deep extension. That way you get both benefits - Blending in the 75Hz to 150Hz range gives SBIR smoothing and extension below that gives more deep b...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 01 March 2019 07:13 «» By: Mabob
Thank you for the in depth answer Wayne! This answers pretty much all the things I've been wondering about the use of flanking subs. I was looking at the Definimax woofer, and even if it would be an update I won't go down that road at this moment. T...
9 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Thu, 10 January 2019 18:21 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2019
I'm bringing four π mains with flanking subs this year: four π mains with flanking three π subs
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 January 2019 11:31 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2 Pi Towers and thwack
Oh, that's right. You only have one REL subwoofer. I think we discussed that before. So that makes a flanking sub setup with the REL impossible or at least very compromised. But as far as using as one of a group of distributed subs, you have though...
Pages (50): [ «    3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18    »]

Current Time: Sun Jun 09 07:09:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio
Smith & Larson Audio