Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 26 July 2001 18:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Flares for PSD2002 in Theater Four Pi.
I prefer radial horns to pure CD horns. What I like is constant directivity in the horizontal plane and collapsing directivity in the vertical plane. This improves uniformity of the reverberent field because the energy distribution around the room is nea...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 11 May 2001 10:49 «» By: Paul C.
Lens info!!!
I just got this from Roger Moleski at CTS... The Parts Express #270-095 (5"x10") is the CTS (formerly Motorola) KSN1151 constant directivity horn lens. The Parts Express #270-099 (5'x15") is the CTS KSN1196 exponential horn lens. This is the $8.80 lens....
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 May 2001 18:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Horn flares for compression drivers
They are very attractive, that's for sure. I'd like to make a constant directivity asymmetrical 90 degree wood horn, maybe with a mouth termination radiused like the tractrix. Best of both worlds.
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 04 May 2001 00:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Horn flares for compression drivers
My favorite horns provide constant directivity with 90 degree horizontal coverage and approximately half that vertical coverage angle. The reason is simple: This is where you want the sound. You don't want it directed at the ceiling or floor, but you do...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 01 May 2001 18:01 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Pi horn design philosophies
There are a handful of horn features that determine the way a horn behaves. This is a list of a few of them, the main ones:1. Flare shape sets the acoustic loading as a function of frequency. Some shapes (exponential, for example) load low frequencies b...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 30 April 2001 22:46 «» By: Wayne Parham
Pi horn design philosophies
Pi Speakers are best described as high-efficiency, controlled directivity loudspeakers. They've always used high-efficiency drivers like those from Eminence and JBL. They evolved from my early designs concentrating mostly on flat amplitude response to ha...
Pages (45): [ «    30  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  45]

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 17:31:06 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio