Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 February 2011 11:05 «» By: sspeak
Re: Request plans and Klipschorn question
Thanks for the plans and the information. I appreciate the rather different philosophy involved in the constant directivity cornerhorn and the Klipschorn. But I am still interested in knowing whether digital compensation can be used to achieve consta...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 February 2011 08:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request plans and Klipschorn question
The Klipschorn is too long internally for proper summing in the woofer-to-midrange crossover region. It cannot develop a coherent forward lobe because of the phase difference between woofer and midrange. It's great for acoustic loading but bad for summ...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 11 February 2011 18:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request...plans
Yes, the midhorn does control the pattern from the crossover point down. It is required when using midwoofers smaller than 12" because otherwise, the midwoofer pattern is wide up to a higher frequency, too wide, in my opinion. So the midhorn limit...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 11 February 2011 13:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request...plans
The eight π is really a budget design, sort of an entry level constant directivity speaker. Of course, so is the three π unless the upgraded drivers are chosen. But the three π does have an upgrade path, and when you go with all the best options, it's ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 08 February 2011 12:35 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Plans Request
There's no harm in using modal smoothing, no matter what kind of loudspeaker you use. But the best approach, obviously, is to start with mains that provide constant directivity at high frequency. Then when you use the multisub approach to provide a uni...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 06 February 2011 12:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3-Pi using JBL 2206 drivers
I don't have the plans anymore, but seem to recall they were in the 1.0ft3 to 2.0ft3 range, something like the two π speaker cabinet. Seems like I tuned them around 50Hz-60Hz, something like that. I tried them with compression drivers and with "...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 05 February 2011 10:00 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 2Pi Tower or 3Pi Bassreflex questions
These are two very different designs, almost incomparable. But they do have some notable similarities, such as spectral balance. They both work very well with low power tube amps, providing high sensitivity and a benign impedance curve. Beyond those a...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 31 January 2011 21:05 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 3 pi speaker
The Econowave is a good basic design, fundamentally the same thing as the three π and four π loudspeakers it was based on. That said, I'd stick with one of the stock π model loudspeakers. They are designed and optimized for the drivers and horns chosen...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 28 January 2011 08:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Comment on Waveguide: reply on AA High Efficiency?
The term "waveguide" has really been taken to mean horns designed with directional control being more important than acoustic loading. Another distinction is that they don't use diffraction in the throat. See the first several pages of the do...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 28 January 2011 07:10 «» By: Bill Epstein
Comment on Waveguide: reply on AA High Efficiency?
"Just a point of clarification. Any horn is a "wave guide". Cupping your hands together and yelling through them would be considered a wave guide. A CD or Constant Directivity horn has better dispersion than a Tractrix for example. BUT....a ...
Pages (45): [ «    14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28  29    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 06:45:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio