Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: LSAF «» Posted on: Fri, 29 April 2011 08:02 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: LSAF 2011 - Who's Coming?
Well, that's true. There has been some incremental improvement of some models, evolution over the years, mostly in the constant directivity cornerhorn's midrange section. But now that I think about it, it has been seven or eight years since the last ...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 27 April 2011 18:24 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4 pi & 7 Pi plans
Photos of both kinds of speakers are shown in the document in my last post. It also shows you how they should be setup in the room. Perhaps I can help you decide which model would be better for you. Do you have corners that would be suitable for con...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 18 April 2011 08:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Active 3 PI
It's not that active crossovers aren't possible for this speaker. It's that you would need to do some work to optimize it. If you don't, then the passive crossover would be better. I get asked this question a lot, at least a couple times a day, here...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 17 April 2011 00:49 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Info to compare Pi models
Basic specs are here: π Speaker System Prices, Dimensions and Specifications More detailed specifications for the four π model (plans you requested) is here: four π loudspeaker performance data Other measurements you might find interesting are here: ...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 14 April 2011 21:47 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: In-wall baffle
Flush soffit mouting is a good thing because it eliminates the (baffle step) directivity transion from freespace to halfspace radiation. Anytime there is a directivity change, there is a corresponding change in on-axis response. This assumes power resp...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2011 23:40 «» By: Wayne Parham
Options in a nutshell
It's all about the midrange, when you're talking differences between the JBL 2226 and the Eminence Omega 15 in the four Pi loudspeaker. The Omega 15 sounds very good, powerful yet still natural sounding. But it isn't as good as the JBL woofer. The 222...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 31 March 2011 23:03 «» By: Wayne Parham
three Pi speakers info
f3 = 50Hz f10 = 30Hz Add subs for extension and modal smoothing. I'm sure you saw this whitepaper already, but just in case: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity LoudspeakersIt's a good short read that explains a lot of useful concepts used in the co...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 23 March 2011 20:12 «» By: Wayne Parham
Tweeter for stock Pi speaker builds
We use the H290 in stock builds. There is a description of it (and other horn/waveguides like it) in the whitepaper about matched-directivity two-way and constant directivity cornerhorn speakers: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 13 March 2011 10:39 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: L pad on crossover?
The sensitivity matching is accomplished using R1/R2 proportion. I prefer fixed resistors to L-Pads for this application, for a variety of reasons. The following post (and links contained therein) discuss some of the reasons I do not recommend L-Pads f...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Wed, 16 February 2011 13:25 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request plans and Klipschorn question
Well, that's true. You can delay the midhorn and tweeter to match the path length of the Klipschorn to get summing right, making a clean forward lobe that's where it's supposed to be. The midbass directivity would then be set by the walls, just the way...
Pages (45): [ «    13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27  28    »]

Current Time: Mon Jul 15 17:38:48 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio