Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
446 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 08 September 2011 14:51 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Contemplating a change
Don't use an H295, it's a spitty and nasty sounding. If you go from a tractrix horn to that thing, you'll think constant directivity is responsible and we'll lose you forever. Get an H290. It's a radial horn, with nearly constant horizontal dire...
2 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sat, 03 September 2011 22:18 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: New HT - Need Advice on Speakers - 4pis or 7pis for main, 2pis, and what to use for bass
Answers by numbers: 1. The seven π cornerhorn is a constant directivity cornerhorn. The four π speaker is a matched-directivity two-way loudspeaker. The difference is that a constant directivity cornerhorn provides constant directivity from the Sch...
3 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 02 September 2011 14:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 1/2 PI Crossover
Since it's first-order, there's really no clear-cut crossover "point", more like a blended overlap region between 1kHz and 4kHz. This helps make the directivity smoother. The general trend of a cone/dome speaker is that of pattern narrowing...
4 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Sun, 21 August 2011 08:17 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Information about Pi Speakers
Read the material below, and then do some searches here on the forum to help you decide which model and upgrade options to get: High-Fidelity Uniform-Directivity Loudspeakers Information about π Speakers Your decision should be based on room layout, d...
5 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 August 2011 04:52 «» By: Maxjr
Re: 4 Pi Speaker Plans
Wayne, or any other 4 Pi owners, I'm curious about how the 4 Pi speaKers sound on lower listening levels. How are they if I wanted to watch regular tv with them? Do they have high sound quality at lower levels? I'm learning so much and the whole wavegui...
6 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Mon, 08 August 2011 04:42 «» By: Maxjr
Re: 3 Pi dimensions and QSC 152 waveguide
I read through your white paper on waveguides and constant directivity. I didn't know the amount of research and thought that went into every detail of your designs. Incredible! Although most of it went over my head, I learned so much, and am going to r...
7 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 22 July 2011 14:09 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: 4pi Commercial Dinner Theater Build
The quick answer is the speaker was designed to be used in locations where it will be radiating into half-space to quarter-space, so wall mounting or placement near the wall is preferred. The long answer goes into a little more detail, but if you're...
8 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Tue, 31 May 2011 11:07 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Request for Plans
The biggest difference between the three π and four π speakers is the the midwoofer families available. This is also true for the six π and seven π cornerhorns. The three π and four π models are about the same size, as are the bass bins of the six π and...
9 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Thu, 05 May 2011 14:42 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Are 7 Pi's for me?
If I understand you right, I think you're saying you can put the cornerhorns at each end of a short wall that has two windows, each a couple feet from the corners. One of the adjacent walls also has a window but there are no entryways near the corners y...
10 Forum: Pi Speakers «» Posted on: Fri, 29 April 2011 11:02 «» By: rkeman
2 Pi Tower versus 3 Pi
A set of four 2 Pi Tower loudspeakers were completed about a month ago for use in friend's home theater. A delay in construction has allowed an extended audition of the 2 Pi tower in my listening room. These particular 2 Pi Towers are constructed from 3/4&...
Pages (45): [ «    12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  27    »]

Current Time: Wed Aug 14 01:10:18 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio
Miller Audio