Show: Today's Messages :: Unanswered :: Navigator :: Polls
113 Search Results Found
1 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Wed, 02 March 2005 09:24 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Do I need a Phono pre-amp box???
If it has an onboard phono stage you should be able to use a line level input. If you are not getting volume then check another line input to see if the phono stage is working. If you plug in an outboard phono stage from the existing onboard stage nasty s...
2 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Tue, 01 March 2005 22:36 «» By: Luke
Do I need a Phono pre-amp box???
Hey fellas, just brought a Pro-Ject Debut II for $AU380It has an onboard phono stage, but do i need a phono pre-amp box to run through a Mini Hi-Fi Video input. I get signal, but bugger all level. I just don't want to spend the money on a pre-amp box if i...
3 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Wed, 05 January 2005 15:17 «» By: Manualblock
Re: More qustions?
Hi Norris; This is quite a thought provoking question. The pre-amp you have sets a high standard for a source component. The gain of 53db is pretty high and might just allow you to use a MC cartridge w/o a step-up. I would not worry about overloading the ...
4 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Wed, 05 January 2005 11:21 «» By: Norris Wilson
More qustions?
Thanks Manualblock and Gideon Bible for your information.I am trying to put together a good turntable arm set up for around the $300 to $500 range.Both of you have mentioned experiences with Thorens tables.Could you please give me some recomendations for ...
5 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Sun, 02 January 2005 17:33 «» By: Wayne Parham
You need a phono stage
You need a phono preamp. Check out the posts at the link for some ideas.
6 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Tue, 14 December 2004 16:43 «» By: Manualblock
Re: Turntable problems
First swap the RCA output leads from left to right and see if the same speaker still has no sound. If the same speaker is still silent, you need to Borrow another Turntable to see if the Phono Stage in your set-up is functioning. If that doesn't change an...
7 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Sun, 05 December 2004 02:13 «» By: Wayne Parham
Re: Technics SL-B210 Turntable
This turntable is like most others, in that it is intended for use with a magnetic cartridge. You'll need an amplifier with a phono stage to use it. What kind of stereo system do you have? Does it have phono inputs? If not, you'll need to get a phono ...
8 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Tue, 02 November 2004 12:02 «» By: DRCope
Re: Phono Stage
Don't know how I missed seeing this earlier. Sorry.Audio Note kits offers a preamp kit which includes a phono stage. Even though I sell the finished product, I'm thinking of building the kit for fun. I'd like to hear it and the Seduction/Foreplay combo in...
9 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Sat, 11 September 2004 05:38 «» By: elektratig
Audio Electronic Supply, the parts/kit division of Cary Audio, has the PH-1 phonostage, which I have used for years with my Rega Planar 3. Hagerman Technology ("Hagtech") also has several. I haven't heard the latter, but lots of people have good things ...
10 Forum: Source «» Posted on: Thu, 09 September 2004 16:35 «» By: Manualblock
Try Tubes4hifi.com He has a beautiful line/phono kit that uses 6922's; highly regulated driver stage and passive Eq.
Pages (12): [ «    1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12    »]

Current Time: Sat Jun 15 21:09:17 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Miller Audio