Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Studio One and Two Pi , anyone have an impedence curve chart for these?
Studio One and Two Pi , anyone have an impedence curve chart for these? [message #48416] Sat, 17 December 2005 20:15 Go to next message
James W. Johnson is currently offline  James W. Johnson
Master
One and Two Pi, anyone have an impedence curve chart for these?

I am just exploring the possible amplification routes for these and want to know what kind of load they are on an amp.

thanks

While I am at it. ... 2 Pi vs 1 Pi [message #48418 is a reply to message #48416] Sun, 18 December 2005 09:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master

I suppose I might consider some 2 Pis for the front stage and put the Ones back in the back , but to be honest I really love the Ones and id feel bad if they 2s were not as sweet.
The ones really seem to excel in vocal clarity, I am near deaf in som frequencys and the Ones seem to accomodate me very well.

Can someone who has build and used both the One and Two Pis comment on them?

Re: Studio One and Two Pi , anyone have an impedence curve chart for these? [message #48420 is a reply to message #48416] Sun, 18 December 2005 16:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

They're a pretty easy load, two humps of about 15Ω each down low, then 8Ω up through the midrange, gradually rising up to around 3kHz where impedance begins to drop to about 4Ω.

Re: While I am at it. ... 2 Pi vs 1 Pi [message #48421 is a reply to message #48418] Sun, 18 December 2005 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The Studio two π goes a little deeper in bass response, and the tower two π goes a lot deeper. The lack of deep bass in the one π's is just fine for surrounds or if you're running a sub, and they are very clean so I like them a lot too.

Re: While I am at it. ... 2 Pi vs 1 Pi [message #48430 is a reply to message #48418] Tue, 20 December 2005 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip is currently offline  Skip
Chancellor
I've built 2PI Towers and Studio 1 PIs with piezos, and Studio 2 PIs
with Vifas. My experience's follow Wayne's descriptions well. The 1s
are go just deep enough to be satisfying, but just. The additional
extension of the Studio 2s make them better, in my ears, for use as
a very nice general purpose speaker. I think you would enjoy the 2s
in your HT, and the 1s should be fine for center and surround. I'm
using 4 Studio 2 PIs with one 1 PI as a center channel. My room is
terrible, so no useful comments there until it is much improved.
My comments on the speakers is in 2 Ch use in better rooms.

Skip Pack

Re: Studio One and Two Pi , anyone have an impedence curve chart for these? [message #48433 is a reply to message #48420] Wed, 21 December 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master

Thanks Wayne.. reason I asked is because I have been experimenting with some digital amps , seems the bang for the buck factor on these
are huge.
I was using a Pioneer EX500 now I am using an Onkyo LR552 .. which is only rated for 65 watts into 6ohms @ 1Khz.

The Panasonics digital path receivers are pretty popular too and can be had for a song.

Re: While I am at it. ... 2 Pi vs 1 Pi [message #48434 is a reply to message #48421] Wed, 21 December 2005 12:09 Go to previous message
Master
Thanks Wayne, I think my gut feeling is that I will like the Ones better ..if I wanted alot of bass id have just stuck with my Stage 4 Pis.

Previous Topic: Help....My Girlfriend Needs as Professional!
Next Topic: Crossover for Alpha-8 / APT
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 05 15:22:50 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout