Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Sub shootout with Pi 12's ?
Sub shootout with Pi 12's ? [message #47532] Tue, 23 August 2005 14:49 Go to next message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

Hi Wayne.

I'm guessing you're using the Pi 12's for the sub shootout?

Will that be with dual drivers or singles if that's what you're doing, and how nasty are these bad boys?

Grant.

Re: Sub shootout with Pi 12's ? [message #47533 is a reply to message #47532] Tue, 23 August 2005 16:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Yes, the 12 π will be at the Prosound Shootout on October 14. You can find more information about the design in the thread called "12 π basshorn - just about ready for prime time." There's lots of info there, so look through all the links and messages in the thread.

Re: Sub shootout with Pi 12's ? [message #47534 is a reply to message #47533] Tue, 23 August 2005 17:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GrantMarshall is currently offline  GrantMarshall
Viscount

I know that you've been working on this one a long time.

I think this will be a more significant speaker than many for you because it "widens the lines" by appealing to and supporting a new group. I'm not sure, but with the cooling system and attention to other details does it actually go a step above many commercial offerings?

Good luck on the shoot out Wayne.

Grant.

Re: Sub shootout with Pi 12's ? [message #47536 is a reply to message #47534] Tue, 23 August 2005 20:32 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've built lots of horns over the years, but I've always considered folded basshorns to be special purpose designs, typically for prosound use only, becase they are necessarily so large. This particular model is a no-compromise horn, and I've designed it specifically to address drawbacks I saw in other similar designs.

I'm also working on a slightly smaller model too, and some tops go go along with either basshorn. I still prefer my seven π and other designs for high-end home theater or HiFi, but for all out power in large environments, these new products should be comparable with the worlds best. I expect them to perform very impressively at the shootout.

Previous Topic: A few pics to share
Next Topic: home karaoke speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 10 10:37:56 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout