Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Basshorn plans please - Wayne
Basshorn plans please - Wayne [message #44250] Sun, 28 March 2004 13:45 Go to next message
Matttcattt is currently offline  Matttcattt
Esquire
It has been suggested to me that I should ask you for a copy of your "basshorn plans". I do not know which one(s) in particular, so could I have them all?

Thankyou,

Matthew Cattle
(matttcattt@yahoo.co.uk)

Re: Basshorn plans please - Wayne [message #44251 is a reply to message #44250] Sun, 28 March 2004 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I assume you mean the ten π horn, which is a folded horn designed to be used from 40Hz up. You may also be talking about a π cornerhorn, which is much better for your home. The ten π cabinet is huge. What is your intended application?

Re: Basshorn plans please - Wayne [message #44252 is a reply to message #44251] Mon, 29 March 2004 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
How huge is "huge"?

What frequency(s) are the corner horns designed for?

This is not for any specific use, I am conducting some research into horns.

Re: Basshorn plans please - Wayne [message #44253 is a reply to message #44252] Mon, 29 March 2004 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The ten π horn is about 27ft3. The folded basshorn section was originally designed to cover 40Hz to 400Hz, although I found that you can push them much higher than this because the folds tend to act as reflectors that direct higher frequencies out through the mouth. The basic layout is shown on the last couple of pages in the PiAlign document.

The π cornerhorn covers the entire audio band. It uses the expansion of a room from the apex of the corner as a large horn, and this expansion forms the horn in toto. The chamber between the driver and the corner forms the horn's front chamber and the speaker box forms the horn's rear chamber. You can set compression ratio with a compression plate/ring too. And you can vent the rear chamber to extend bass response. It's a very simple and effective configuration. See the posts called "Cornerhorns" and "Room corner charatcteristics" for more discussions along these lines.

Re: Basshorn plans please - Wayne [message #44254 is a reply to message #44253] Mon, 29 March 2004 10:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
Thank you very much.

I will read the links you specified.

Re: Basshorn plans please - Wayne [message #44258 is a reply to message #44254] Wed, 31 March 2004 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Esquire
I do not think corner loading will be possible in the possible application of the horn. (small event/disco etc.)

Could I have the ten π horn plan(s) please?

Thank you very much,

Matthew Cattle
(matttcattt@yahoo.co.uk)

You've got mail! [message #44263 is a reply to message #44258] Wed, 31 March 2004 08:15 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: pseudo 1 Pi corner horns
Next Topic: Compensation Network connection
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 05:42:00 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers