Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » studio 8" vs 10"
studio 8" vs 10" [message #43943] Fri, 13 February 2004 15:46 Go to next message
Rick P is currently offline  Rick P
Esquire
These will be used in a 13.5 by 18by8 ft theater room crossed over at 80hz. My question is will there be any change in sound in the midrange between the 8" and 10", and what to expect with a jump from studio to theater4. Also wanted to ad that i grew up with my dads k-horns and its time to get back to my roots. I`ve built many speakers and subs over the last few years, curently adire 281`s 89.5 db mains center and 81`s side and rear surrounds. Subs are dual stryke av15 tuned to 25hz. New system the subs will stay and if the studios fit the bill they will be moved to surround duty, with theater 4`s across the front. So yes the studios would be used to test the waters.

Re: studio 8" vs 10" [message #43948 is a reply to message #43943] Sat, 14 February 2004 04:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The thing I like best about the little one π and two π speakers is their simplicity. The Theater fours are in a different league, but the little one and two π speakers have a charm of their own.

I have several speakers and while I spend a lot of time listening to the larger models, I probably spend more time in front of my two π speakers. The larger four π speakers can reach very high power levels effortlessly, and can deliver about 10dB more headroom at full power. But the one π and two π speakers sound very good too.

The difference between the one π and two π speakers is primarily found below 100Hz. There is quite a bit more bass available from the two π speakers. The trade-off is that they are larger, and I think the midrange of the smaller speakers might be a little more pure. Might be just the lack of deep bass though, making it seem this way.

Re: studio 8" vs 10" [message #43965 is a reply to message #43948] Sun, 15 February 2004 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rick P is currently offline  Rick P
Esquire
Wayne could you please send one pi plans.

You've got mail! [message #43966 is a reply to message #43965] Sun, 15 February 2004 16:23 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Previous Topic: Wayne 6pi professional plans please
Next Topic: Thanks wayne
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:10:38 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers