Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Pic of finished Centre Pi
Pic of finished Centre Pi [message #43837] Sun, 01 February 2004 17:44 Go to next message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount

Finally finished my matching centre speaker. Shown is the centre. It must be the largest centre in existence - 36x18x18 - I made it this large to match my Left and Right. All three have Premium Stage Eminence drivers though the cabinets are sized(excepting the enlarged port) for Theatre 4 Pi.

The link is to the view of the front of my home theatre l-c-r Pi and 2 M&K subs. My 100 lb puppy has been into the port of my left speaker thus the pink insulation shown - it was painted black.

Many thanks to Wayne and of course to the rest of you especially Bill E's posts about what tools/materials to use.

Craig

Re: Pic of finished Centre Pi [message #43838 is a reply to message #43837] Sun, 01 February 2004 19:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

What an interesting layout! You're right - It does make for a large dialog speaker. But that's a great way to do, having the dialog channel match the mains. I'll bet it sounds excellent.

I love that leather finish. Your speakers are very interesting looking and attractive. Thanks for posting the photo for your center speaker, and for the previous photo of the mains.

Pi stereo/HT in the KITCHEN? [message #43863 is a reply to message #43837] Wed, 04 February 2004 05:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JLapaire is currently offline  JLapaire
Master
Is that a spare kitchen or something? Temporary installation for photo op? I can just imagine the conversation when the wife strolls in.

That's one very powerful HT system Craig. Congratulations!

John

Re: Pi stereo/HT in the KITCHEN? [message #43868 is a reply to message #43863] Wed, 04 February 2004 19:46 Go to previous message
drguayo is currently offline  drguayo
Viscount
Spare kitchen - our basement was setup with an outlaw suite when we bought it - figured it wasn't worth ripping it out....I understand kids never move out anymore so it may be a viable option when they're older.

Previous Topic: JBL 2220 H
Next Topic: I have a 2500 LP collection for trade/sale
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 06:25:33 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout