Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Anyone know Mac box software for 2 indentical woofers??? nt
Anyone know Mac box software for 2 indentical woofers??? nt [message #41674] Thu, 19 June 2003 17:44 Go to next message
-3db is currently offline  -3db
Esquire
nt
x86 emulators [message #41677 is a reply to message #41674] Thu, 19 June 2003 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I haven't really kept up with the Mac world, which is sort of ironic because I was always a big fan of Jobs and Wozniak. I purchased one of the first batch of Mac's back in 1981 - when the Lisa was still being sold - and I have a huge nylon Macintosh promotional banner from that era hanging in my office. But I haven't kept up with the Mac's lately.

It's not that I was against Gates or anything, but he always did seem to be a little square. And now days, I think Microsoft has gotten out of hand. Then again, I guess it's the buying public that is really to blame for their stranglehold on the market.

But anyway, sorry for rambling 'cause I'm afraid I'm no help at all. What I might suggest you do is to run one of the x86 emulators, which would allow you to use some of the same programs that the IBM/PC guys use.

Re: Anyone know Mac box software for 2 indentical woofers??? nt [message #41679 is a reply to message #41674] Fri, 20 June 2003 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jtsjf is currently offline  jtsjf
Chancellor
I'm a mac-o-phile, and I don't know of anything either. Doesn't mean there's nothing out there, but I haven't run across it yet.
There are a couple of excel spreadsheets you may or may not find useful:
Xlbox.xls
Xlbaffle.xls
Sealed Box Calcs.
load.xls (for tube current/loading IIRC)
I downloaded all these off the web- I did not write them, I merely benefit from other's generosity. If you can't find them, email me and I'll send them to you.

My theater 4 pi's are sounding great Wayne! I rarely post, cause there's not too much to say about them besides that they are the best sounding speakers I've ever had.

cheers,
Jason

Re: Anyone know Mac box software for 2 indentical woofers??? nt [message #41681 is a reply to message #41674] Fri, 20 June 2003 10:38 Go to previous message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)
buy a used pc for little or next to nothing. you wont need a speedy or power house for most of the speaker software.
Previous Topic: Speaker Building Update
Next Topic: Parts Express 12" sub-woofer cabinet
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:25:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout