Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » :) I thought this day would never come...the speakers are complete
:) I thought this day would never come...the speakers are complete [message #41665] Thu, 19 June 2003 05:39 Go to next message
gonefishin is currently offline  gonefishin
Baron
Hello Pi Guys :D

I just wanted to show you a pic of my COMPLETED speakers ;P (dang am I slow!)

I can't thank you Pi guys enough...time after time you guys never seem to tire of helping out us "new guys". Thanks.

Bill and Bill...I can't say enough about how much you guys have helped me out with this project. It's just so great to have a friendly place (such as this) with knowledgeable people (like yourselves) who never hesitate to share their skills with the rest of us...thanks!

enjoy the music!

Re: Fantastic [message #41668 is a reply to message #41665] Thu, 19 June 2003 06:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Martinelli is currently offline  Bill Martinelli
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Wow! Those turned out great. I would say it was worth the time spent. What did you end up using for a finish, and how do they sound

Bill

Re: Fantastic [message #41669 is a reply to message #41668] Thu, 19 June 2003 08:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks for the kind words.

We had another guy spray the cabs with laquer...what kind, I'm not sure what he ended up using. The finish did turn out pretty good...although, not as good as yours ;) After we got the cabs back from him...I thought about doing the trick you explained to me...but man, I'm just too nervous that I'll end up screwing something up. Hey...unless you want ta come over and finish them up ;) hehe...just kiddin'

I may end up finishing like you explained to me...but fer now...I'm just gonna listen to'em :D

In this pic you can get a little better idea what the stain and finish look like.

thanks again :)

enjoy the music!

That is really nice [message #41670 is a reply to message #41665] Thu, 19 June 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Whats in the bass cabinet?

Super job!
Thomas F.

I didn't know Playschool made spray equipment! [message #41671 is a reply to message #41669] Thu, 19 June 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
The speakers didn't turn out as well as the little sailor but great nonetheless.
Very impressed with your approach to getting such a complex project done with little previous experience. So much for those who say " I can't solder", or "I'm all thumbs"!
Curious about your choice of the Fane tweets as opposed to everything else (i.e. more common)out there. Efficiency?
How you gonna go fishin' with music playing thru those!
Sweet! [message #41672 is a reply to message #41665] Thu, 19 June 2003 12:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Lools like it was worth the wait! [message #41687 is a reply to message #41665] Sat, 21 June 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Hamel is currently offline  Robert Hamel
Viscount
Nice looking speakers, look familiar. Glad they are done. When you starting the subs??
Re: Lools like it was worth the wait! [message #41688 is a reply to message #41687] Sat, 21 June 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hmmm...tho I would certainly love to have me a horn sub...I think I'll have to do without :(

dang it!

enjoy the music!

Re: I didn't know Playschool made spray equipment! [message #41689 is a reply to message #41671] Sat, 21 June 2003 14:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi Bill...thanks for the kind words.

As for the Fane tweeter...I kinda cheated. Bruce uses the Fane tweeter in his TiTan speakers...and since I have heard the TiTans, which had a similar midrange, and liked the sound...I'd go with the same tweet to match the mid horns.

hmmm...fish or listen to music...fish or listen to music. Maybe...just maybe...If I get a generator...Hmmm ;)

enjoy the music!

Re: That is really nice [message #41690 is a reply to message #41670] Sat, 21 June 2003 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Baron
The bass cabs have some TAD 1601A's in them. They really don't go real low...but they do match up pretty good with the mids.

enjoy the music!

Previous Topic: OK,noMac,So 2 same Woofers in a BR Box Software?
Next Topic: Would like to audition One-Pi speaker
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:18:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout