Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Audiophile Series Seven PI 18's
Audiophile Series Seven PI 18's [message #41111] Tue, 22 April 2003 21:06 Go to next message
Razzman is currently offline  Razzman
Esquire
Wayne, I just recieved my Sevens yesterday. These are simply the best speakers I have ever owned. You designed one great sounding pair of speakers for me. These 3-way pro JBL Seven's are so sweet and delicate it was hard to believe. They pull infromation and detail out of the music with such clarity that none of my other speakers in my 38 year hobby have ever done, and I have had ALOT of speakers. I owned in 1979 a pair of Klipschorns, not even close to your Sevens. Your crossovers that you built for these were seamless and very revieling and detailed, "GREAT CROSSOVERS." These monsters do it all from sweet detail to heart pounding dynamic's. I am truly amazed at the music they produce. And thank you for showing me the "Bill Martinelli way" of building speaker cabinets. Bill Martinelli is truly a Master Craftsmen, his work is something to behold. Wayne, I also want to thank you for your help with my future pair of speaker's I am planing. Definitely PI crossovers and components going in these too! And no one else will ever build my cabinet's, only Bill Martinelli. You both have spoiled me with your professional expertise.
Thank you
KEN RANDAZZO
RAZZMAN
Re: Audiophile Series Seven PI 18's [message #41113 is a reply to message #41111] Wed, 23 April 2003 06:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DRCope is currently offline  DRCope
Master
Between your reaction, Bill's and Wayne's, I'm just about expiring from anticipation.

Just about a week away from hearing my new speaks - cousins of yours - The TAD 1602 and JBL 2123 drivers are in Mass getting fitted to a Pi-4-ish cabinet,(does that sound about right, Wayne?), which will have a TAD 2001/Martinelli 17" horn sitting atop it. (They're in MA, too.) I've got Wayne's 300/1600 xo here, braking in/warming up on Eminence PSD2002/Martinelli 17" (plus mids and woofers unrelated to the project.)

Good thing I've got the xo's here, or Garland might tell me "they're almost ready" till Christmas" while he "breaks them in for me." Looking forward to May 1 ! ;-)

Keep your ears and your mind open.

Re: Great speakers [message #41114 is a reply to message #41111] Wed, 23 April 2003 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master

Hi Ken,

Your much too kind. I'm glad you like the cabinets. They are one of a kind and the components Wayne specs out are some great sounding parts when it's all together. I'm really pleased the shipping was safe. Those are big speakers!

Bill

Re: Audiophile Series Seven PI 18's [message #41115 is a reply to message #41111] Wed, 23 April 2003 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Thanks for your kind words. I'm really happy you are enjoying your speakers.

And I concur with you about Bill's workmanship too!

Ho Ho Ho! nt [message #41118 is a reply to message #41113] Wed, 23 April 2003 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Garland is currently offline  Garland
Grand Master
nt
Re: Ho Ho Ho! nt [message #41125 is a reply to message #41118] Thu, 24 April 2003 18:22 Go to previous message
DRC is currently offline  DRC
Master
I'll be at Battleship Cove with my son's Cub Pack May 3-4. Maybe a fly-by (w/ x-overs!) on the way home Sunday would be in order . . . . ? ;-)
Keep your ears and your mind open.
Previous Topic: KEF Speakers
Next Topic: So after MAF, you think Lima is off the map?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:27:31 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio