Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Phase of active and passive filters
Phase of active and passive filters [message #41033] Thu, 17 April 2003 04:20 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hey everyone.

Has anyone got the formulas for calculating phase of 1st-4th order active/passive low/high pass filters? (including peaking 2nd order HP filters used for bassboost/EQ circuits). Also I need formulas for phase of parametric EQ circuits. This is so I can calculate the group delay from it and put it in a spreadsheet I have been making which models various alignments, etc. If anyone can supply these, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Adrian

Re: Phase of active and passive filters [message #41035 is a reply to message #41033] Thu, 17 April 2003 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The formula for finding phase is in the PiAlign document and also in the handout for the "Electronics 101" seminar. You might also want to do a search here for "phase," because there is a lot of information stored in the archives of this forum.

Re: Phase of active and passive filters [message #41068 is a reply to message #41035] Fri, 18 April 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Thanks for the tip. I've ended up finding everything I need now.

One other thing I need...... is the amount of increase/decrease in port air speeds that the active filters do. Any ideas/formulas on this?

Thanks!
Adrian

Re: Phase of active and passive filters [message #41070 is a reply to message #41068] Fri, 18 April 2003 22:40 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

A port in a bass-reflex loudspeaker cabinet forms a Helmholtz resonator. It acts very much like an LC tank circuit. Since the woofer is also a resonator and its frequency is close, the two systems are tightly coupled.

Previous Topic: Half-Baked Two Towers but I grow impatient....
Next Topic: 7 Pi Plans
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 12:17:59 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout