Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Eminence Delta series
Eminence Delta series [message #40715] Mon, 24 March 2003 14:09 Go to next message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Wayne, in a previous post you mentioned that the delta 10 would be suited to horn loading, I am interested in why the delta 12 should not be used?

Have you got any reccomendations on 8" drivers that can be horn loaded in a midrange tractrix horn?

Thanks!
Adrian

Re: Eminence Delta series [message #40717 is a reply to message #40715] Mon, 24 March 2003 15:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm sure you can make some models and find a horn that would work well with the Delta 12. But I would not use it in a midrange horn because there are other choices that are better suited, in my opinion. The Delta 10 works very nicely, for example. For an 8" driver, try the Alpha 8.

Re: Eminence Delta series [message #40720 is a reply to message #40717] Tue, 25 March 2003 06:25 Go to previous message
Adrian Mack is currently offline  Adrian Mack
Illuminati (1st Degree)

Hey Wayne,

I will try out and see how the response is using the Alpha 8. I hope its good, its a lot cheaper than many 12" drivers that I've considered :) Hopefully it matches my 2370's with PSD2002's nicely.

Thanks again,
Adrian

Previous Topic: JBL Tent amps: lots of watts for $$$
Next Topic: Sneak Preview: "The Two Towers: Minas Ithil and Minas Morgul"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:01:21 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers