Home » Audio » General » 5 days and counting!!!
5 days and counting!!! [message #4791] Sun, 27 April 2008 22:53 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Only five more workdays to suffer through till I head off to Dallas!!!

Now if my old Explorer will make it there and back it will be a perfect trip. Dang that old FredT for having a set of ART Array cabinets built up, otherwise I'd be driving the Mustang

For all you tube amp builders, Norris and I are scrutinizing my Darling amp circuit and I would greatly appreciate some input if you've got the time.

Re: Sigh! I have to be here all 3 days [message #4792 is a reply to message #4791] Mon, 28 April 2008 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bill Epstein is currently offline  Bill Epstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)

Re: 5 days and counting!!! [message #4793 is a reply to message #4791] Mon, 28 April 2008 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I'm really looking forward to it too! Just one more week!

On a side note, I need to get a head count of rooms so please check in with me this weekend if you have a room. Embassy Suites dinged my card for $6500, which is particularly distressing in light of last year's construction. Thought they were going to make things up to us this year. Anyway, I need to show them an inventory of rooms to reconcile this so please check in with me and pass the word.

Dinged [message #4794 is a reply to message #4793] Mon, 28 April 2008 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Wayne, do they pass on the difference btween the discount and regular rate on to you or something? Norris, Diana, and I are sharing a room.

Re: 5 days and counting!!! [message #4795 is a reply to message #4793] Mon, 28 April 2008 14:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bob Brines is currently offline  Bob Brines
Master
????

They have a hold on my card and I just received a confirmation email from them. Are they holding my card and yours also?

Bob

Re: Sigh! I have to be here all 3 days [message #4796 is a reply to message #4792] Mon, 28 April 2008 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
That bites!

Re: Dinged [message #4797 is a reply to message #4794] Mon, 28 April 2008 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The past three years, the GPAF/LSAF was an event where everyone paid for their own rooms and the whole event was really just a large group of people agreeing to meet in the same space. The hotel received all the funds and there was no sales promoter that purchased all the rooms and resold them. It was that way on purpose, and we did it that way this year too. The only exception is that I rented for the conference room and projector for the seminars every year.

The manager last year was concerned we were dissatisfied with Embassy Suites because of the construction that was going on then. The staff assured me they would make it up to us this year if we returned. We didn't really hold them accountable for that or ask for specific concessions, we just assumed they'd roll out the red carpet for us and make sure this year went without a hitch.

Instead what they did was to ding my card for $6500 worth of rooms. Since I'm the one that guaranteed the conference room, they basically charged me for the whole seventh floor of the hotel too. That's why I want a head count and I'll reconcile with the hotel during the show or afterwards. Hopefully, it's just a mistake.

Re: Dinged [message #4798 is a reply to message #4797] Tue, 29 April 2008 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Norris Wilson is currently offline  Norris Wilson
Grand Master
Wow, DINGED is right!

$6,500 ?????????????????????????????????

I hope that the excessive charge was a mistake and they will gladly rectify it.

We are looking forward to the show and seeing everyone there.

Norris

Re: Sigh! I have to be here all 3 days [message #4799 is a reply to message #4792] Tue, 29 April 2008 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
Yep, I'm not going to be able to make it either. Just too much going on right now with moving the family and all. Maybe next year.

Re: 5 days and counting!!! [message #4800 is a reply to message #4793] Tue, 29 April 2008 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Skip_Pack is currently offline  Skip_Pack
Chancellor
Wayne,

I reserved three nights using 'frequent-stayer' points. I did tell
them that is was for LSAF. See you Friday,

Skip

Previous Topic: HD Radio Car stereo head unit
Next Topic: Slide show
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:42:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects