Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY??????
WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY?????? [message #38952] Thu, 07 November 2002 18:39 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Wayne, did you get the Hallicrafters?
George, have you got the new speakers up?
Bmar, I know where you are, in the laboratory with Abby, abby-normal.
I'm going to visit Speakerman 57 next week, hopefully MikeBake will be there.
I keep seeing everyone all the time on H.E. and Bottlehead Forum but this is OURS.
And Wayne, you will be at Lima next April, right? Shoot, we had people from freakin Thailand and you can't travel from Tulsa?
Okay, the medication kicked in.

Re: ahhh..... [message #38953 is a reply to message #38952] Thu, 07 November 2002 19:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bmar is currently offline  bmar
Grand Master
arisen from the laboratory. where do all these wires go?

wife just got back from DC from a conference. had to do some catching up. I think I have to go out of the country in Dec for business. kind of a hectic time as it is with out travel.

Got a "asleep at the wheel" live cd. its HDCD and sounds great. good thing the needle doesn't wear out on the cd player.

I'm ready for MAF in Lima. wife had me book a room already!
should be a fun time with good tunes and good people.

Ciao,

Bill

i'm still up! [message #38954 is a reply to message #38952] Thu, 07 November 2002 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
till, how the hell are you? bmar's almost finished my cabinets and i just spoke with wayne. everythings cool. i just picked up a vintage empire turntable. it's a beauty. i think the cartridge is shot as the sound i'm hearing resembles bate's system in lima. no high's just lotsa lows. anyway's it looks trick and i really like the simplicity and build quality. vinyl rocks!

see you in lima,

george
music is best enjoyed with a good steak, vintage cabernet and a fat cigar.

Cigars [message #38955 is a reply to message #38954] Thu, 07 November 2002 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh, damn!

I loooooove cigars!

Damn!

I quit last year too.

DAMN!

See, I had quit smoking once, and sustained it for five years. Then my brother got married and I thought to myself, "what the hell, you don't inhale." I know, it sounds like a politician talking about pot or something.

But anyway, I smoked the cigar, loved it and bought a bunch more. Then I was buying them buy the box. Then mail order. Then all out smoking again.

So here I've quit for over a year now, things are fine. But I still love cigars...

I'm not gonna smoke one though, but maybe I'll take deep breaths when others do.

DAMN!

We're here! [message #38956 is a reply to message #38952] Thu, 07 November 2002 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
I didn't get the Hallicrafters radio, and I was thinking about it every minute after you sent that link. I was listening to my TransOceanic late at night, after the bidding closed, and wishing I had been here to bid on it. But I was out at the car shop running transmission cooler lines and stuff. I just let the time slip by; Too many things to do and too little time.
Re: Cigars [message #38957 is a reply to message #38955] Thu, 07 November 2002 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
i've got lots of cubans. monte cristo, cohiba, partagas and more. indulge!

george

Re: Cigars [message #38958 is a reply to message #38957] Thu, 07 November 2002 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Cubans are the best! I like Russian cigarattes too.

Hey, do you ever happen to listen to the Art Bell show?

Re: Cigars [message #38959 is a reply to message #38958] Thu, 07 November 2002 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Grand Master
i'm listening to jazz on my pi's right now. art bell is carried on AM640 in toronto. he's on the air now. i'll listen to him if i'm in the car late at night. jazz sounds much better on the pi's!

cheers,
george

Re: Cigars [message #38960 is a reply to message #38959] Thu, 07 November 2002 21:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Sometimes I like my music, sometimes I like talk radio or shortwave. But I always like cigars...

Damn!

Re: WHERE THE HELL IS EVERYBODY?????? [message #38961 is a reply to message #38952] Fri, 08 November 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
That's more like it.
I've shuffled the speaker deck.
The 2 Pi's are in the Home Theatre where they can break in with 60 solid waste movie watts. Those piezos really do dialogue well. Saw "The Sum Of All Fears" which was okay but how come the villains became Nazis instead of Ay-rabs? And is Affleck supposed to be the new Harrison Ford? He can't act, either. And in the book, the bomb is a fizzle; here the movie is the the bomb!
The JBL 3677 cabs with 2226J woofers from the 4648 'coffee table' are in the living room in place of the 4Pi's. Had them hooked to the Paramours for awhile. Very clean and airy but not quite right. Then, Tuesday, the ca. '73 Fisher Radio 30 watt receiver showed up that I bought for $60 on Audiogon. Wow! I had a little 15 watt model 201 all thru college and the sound was just what I remembered: not much on top but nice mids and bass. Good phono stage, too. The JBL likes the power and those 30 watts give me 3 volume settings: 7:00=late nite classical guitar, 8:00=loud orchestral and 9:00= call the police!
Been listening to all 6 of my LP's. Switching back and forth between the SACD 'Blood, Sweat and Tears" and the vinyl version. And the Redbook CD, 'Clapton Unplugged'. Funny, I have about the same investment in the Sony 775 and the re-built AR-XA but somehow the comparison doesn't seem fair.Vinyl is smooth and relaxed with somewhat more 'holographic' imaging than the SACD. And more detail than you might think. But there is more musical information with the digital disc and it shows.I do prefer the SACD. Wish the old lady next door would go away for an hour so I could crank up the Saint-Saens Symphony #3 on the turntable. An RCA Red Seal re-issue. The Munch, Boston performance.A Richard Mohr, Lewis Layton production.
The 4Pi's are sitting quietly in the corner awaiting the re-build of the left channel Paramour which I tore apart last night. When that's done, or before as Indian Summer is here now, I'll take the 4Pi's outside to the patio, strip off the wrinkly veneer and clean the glue mess with acetone. Ugh! Then re-do the veneer and finish them with a secret color finish.
Cigars? It's 1 year ago today that I quit smoking. Cigarettes, that is. Used to smoke cigars in my other life. Partagas #2 by the box from Mike's Cigars on Arthur Godfrey Rd on Miami Beach. In between Marlboros.

Previous Topic: 4pi Pro & Tubes
Next Topic: Pi-4 pros - pix!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue May 07 23:02:47 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout