Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » 2 Pi Piezo Tweeter Choices
2 Pi Piezo Tweeter Choices [message #37919] Wed, 21 August 2002 03:41 Go to next message
JohnB is currently offline  JohnB
Esquire
Hello:

Now I have the plans, and I'm going to build a pair of 2 Pi's this weekend. I have a question or two regarding the piezo tweeter.

Over the past few months I've managed to collect an assortment of these drivers from various sales and so forth. I was wondering if any of you have tried any of the other CTS/Motorola piezos in a 2 Pi? Models I have on hand that seem somewhat equivalent are: KSN 1016A, KSN 1025B, KSN 1056A and KSN 1038A.

I would be more than happy to use the KSN 1038 that is spec'd for the 2 Pi, but I like the look of the larger horn models.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, and my apologies if this is a worn out topic at this point.

John B.

Re: 2 Pi Piezo Tweeter Choices [message #37936 is a reply to message #37919] Wed, 21 August 2002 11:21 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

I've tried many different piezo tweeters, and to tell the truth, there are several I don't like, such as the KSN 1005. On casual inspection, you might expect it to sound the same. But it is harsh and doesn't sound good to me. On the other hand, the KSN 1038/1041/1056 are all the same, except for cosmetic differences. They sound very good to me, and I'd recommend that you stick with them.

Previous Topic: Are both sides of the Theater 7Pi open? Thanks (nt)
Next Topic: 2nd ordrer Butterworth vs 3rd order Butterworth
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 21:58:40 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout