Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Two Pi's Up and Running!!
Two Pi's Up and Running!! [message #37880] Mon, 19 August 2002 07:49 Go to next message
Matts is currently offline  Matts
Grand Master
My Jasper Jig arrived last Fri. and I finished my Two Pi's boxes and put the drivers in for a test run. Sound GREAT! I'm very happy with them. Playing them with a Njoe Tjoeb and a 60Wper Adcom. Waiting for Paramours and then plan on moving up to the Theatre 4's.

One thing I especially like about the Twos is the lack of the "crossover" effect I've heard in a lot of high-end speakers, i.e. when the tonality of the speakers changes in different frequencies. Noticed this a lot when listening to solo violin and cello music. With the the Pi's, it sounds like the same instrument playing whether in the lower or higher registers.

Many thanks to all the posters here, especially Till E. for his woodworking and finishing tips. I made my speakers out of a nice piece of birch plywood, and have my Tried and True Oil waiting....

Cool! [message #37887 is a reply to message #37880] Mon, 19 August 2002 11:20 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Too cool!

If you can, please post pics when you're done!

Previous Topic: I'm Kvelling!
Next Topic: Crossover question(s)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:54:28 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout