Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » I took my own advice and got a new router. Oh Yeah!
I took my own advice and got a new router. Oh Yeah! [message #37576] Tue, 30 July 2002 12:05 Go to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
Got the Freud FT 2000E I touted a while back. I had it's predecessor way back in 198x something. In a time when Porter Cable is now cheap shit, the Freud, for $179 has soft start, 5 speeds, one wrench collet lock and 15 amps.
It is a beast, though. I'll still be using my old Rockwell for rabbets and roundovers.
The base casting is even powder coated!
It still has the same nice height adjustment with a great big knob that sticks up above the motor. That's good news-bad news: it means you have to set it on the edge of the bench to change bits but the knob is real easy to find and turn under a router table.
I'm pretty sure, after John Atkinson finishes the measurements, it will be Class A.
And International Tool has free shipping.

Thems fightin words!!!!!! [message #37577 is a reply to message #37576] Tue, 30 July 2002 14:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LuxmanLover is currently offline  LuxmanLover
Master
Whats wrong with PC???? I just picked my new Porter Cable belt sander (to replace my old model 361 that was stolen along with half my other power tools? you gotta love cash replacement value insurance policies) and it's a fine peice of machinery!!!!!! So there.
Kelly
Re: I before E except after C..ok now repeat. [message #37578 is a reply to message #37577] Tue, 30 July 2002 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Master
Kelly
I have......... [message #37580 is a reply to message #37577] Tue, 30 July 2002 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BillEpstein is currently offline  BillEpstein
Illuminati (2nd Degree)
A P-C belt sander, 690 router, Rockwell (became P-C) router,P-C RO sander and a P-C 12 volt cordless drill. Check your new sander against my 20 year old like I did the 2HP router I bought and returned. The casting is a cheap POS and look at your platen, it's a thin POS. Now take a really accurate Starrett square to the frame the platen rides on, You'll have to spend an hour truing it!
MWAHAHA!
You won't have bar top sander races with this generation of sanders. The motors look like they came from Suzuki windshield wipers.
And the bearing in the latest production routers? Forget it.
The drill is 2 years old the plastic housing is cheap and something already is rattling around in there.
I bought nothing but P-C for over 30 years because it was the best. Now it's krap made by the People's Liberation Army Workshops.

No mo' Porter Cable for me.

So whats.... [message #37582 is a reply to message #37580] Tue, 30 July 2002 15:16 Go to previous message
Master
point?
LOLOLOLOLOL
Well....what can I say. Your probably right....the stolen stuff was pretty old and worked great. Have to replace with what you had.........hhhhmmmmmmmm where were you 3 thursday nights ago?
Kelly
Previous Topic: Subjective Performance?
Next Topic: Wayne, recommendation please...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:31:53 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio