Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Beta 12 isobaric sub.....
Beta 12 isobaric sub..... [message #37140] Wed, 03 July 2002 01:04 Go to next message
Andy.G is currently offline  Andy.G
Chancellor
...added to drawing board page on web site.
Any comments please !!
should be Beta 15", sorry !! [message #37141 is a reply to message #37140] Wed, 03 July 2002 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Re: should be Beta 15", sorry !! [message #37143 is a reply to message #37141] Wed, 03 July 2002 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Very nice drawing, Andy. Unfortunately, the dimensions are a little hard to see, and I can't make out the box width one in particular.

Did you try enlarging the cabinet? Like I said before, the first design you posted gave some funny results, but that's just a computer program... Maybe it will still sound good, and that's what matters.

The only thing is, I'd change the woofers to a clamshell (cone-to-cone) configuration, its the best for an isobarik loading.

JMO.

Looks good dude.

Adam

Re: should be Beta 15", sorry !! [message #37151 is a reply to message #37143] Wed, 03 July 2002 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Box width is 400mm..... sorry, I scaled the original drawing down so it would fit reasonably across the screen

= The only thing is, I'd change the woofers to a clamshell
= (cone-to-cone) configuration, its the best for an isobarik loading.

How does one arrange this, both totally inside the box?
or should one of them still open directly to the outside somehow?

Re: should be Beta 15", sorry !! [message #37161 is a reply to message #37151] Thu, 04 July 2002 05:43 Go to previous message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well the simplest way to do it is mount one woofer normally with the cone facing out, and simply screw another woofer on to that with their cones facing eachother. It's not the most attractive option because the basket will be sticking out, but it's by far the simplest and the best way to do it from a functional standpoint.

Adam

Previous Topic: Is there any difference between Eminence Alpha 12 and Alpha 12A?
Next Topic: double bass in stage series
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun May 19 20:05:57 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout