Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Mr. Parham
Mr. Parham [message #36591] Thu, 23 May 2002 10:07 Go to next message
Bugman is currently offline  Bugman
Chancellor
Hello. I don't know if you are the person who moderates this forum or if you are actually the person behind these Pi speakers.

Please forgive my not knowing. In any event I think you may be able to answer my question.

I do not see the Impedances listed in the areas where you give the specs of the individual speakers. Have I missed something here? Are they all the same?

I suspect I just can't find the right place to tell me. It is an important factor to me and I suspect many others.

If you could help me out here I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Advertised and actual motor impedance [message #36593 is a reply to message #36591] Thu, 23 May 2002 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Eight ohms is the advertised impedance of all motors used in π Speakers. Advertised impedance is listed on the specifications sheet for each motor on the π Speakers website. But advertised impedance is not a terribly good indicator of the actual impedance of a motor. So impedance at resonance or "Zmax" is also shown, which is a critical determiner of performance on amplifiers having low damping factor like SET amps without negative feedback often have.
Re: Advertised and actual motor impedance [message #36595 is a reply to message #36593] Thu, 23 May 2002 13:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Thanks for responding Mr. Parham. I think you answered my questions, but I have one more.

What is a piezoelectric? Actually I don't need to know much about it, just how does it effect the Inpedence of the speaker as a whole? Does it have any resistance on it's own?

Re: Advertised and actual motor impedance [message #36596 is a reply to message #36595] Thu, 23 May 2002 14:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
A piezoelectric device is one that uses a quartz crystal as a motor/generator. You can get exact specifications, including the impedance curve, at www.PiSpeakers.com/KSN1041.htm.
Re: Advertised and actual motor impedance [message #36597 is a reply to message #36596] Thu, 23 May 2002 16:42 Go to previous message
Chancellor
Mr. Parham, you seem to be a wealth of knowledge here at this forum. Congratulations to you for your knowledge and your willingness to share it with others. Thank you for your help to me.
Previous Topic: I finished my theater 4pi
Next Topic: Reverse attenuation and HF comp. networks, active X-over
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 06:44:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout