Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » question on DECWARE "The Wicked One
question on DECWARE "The Wicked One [message #36218] Thu, 02 May 2002 08:35 Go to next message
zenn is currently offline  zenn
Esquire
can anyone tell me the quality of this horn and also can the driver be replace by others

thanks

Re: question on DECWARE "The Wicked One [message #36219 is a reply to message #36218] Thu, 02 May 2002 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Frode is currently offline  Frode
Baron
Do a search in the archive!
not likely to get more favorable answers here [message #36227 is a reply to message #36218] Thu, 02 May 2002 17:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
darkstar is currently offline  darkstar
Esquire
than in the High Efficiency forum.

Steve is 90% marketing, 8% BS, and 2% engineering.

Re: question on DECWARE "The Wicked One [message #36247 is a reply to message #36218] Fri, 03 May 2002 19:53 Go to previous message
str8aro is currently offline  str8aro
Chancellor
I'd definitely agree with Darkstar. I built a WO before I knew better - the original version, not the newer one. It's not a horn. It's a funky bandpass box. Sensitivity was not increased any more than you would expect from having two drivers running together (at least with the drivers I used). It dropped like a rock below 40hz, if I remember correctly. When pointed into a corner it got down a little lower but needed a healthy dose of parametric eq to sound decent.

In regards to using different drivers in the same horn, it's a total crap shoot unless you're the one designing it and know what you're doing. In general, you should design a horn for a specific driver.

If you really want a horn subwoofer, you need something about 3x - 4x the size of the WO (about 30 cubic feet of horn should do you fine indoors).

John

Previous Topic: 2Pi's and 45 Amp's
Next Topic: Qd confusion?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 08:41:04 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers