Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Quick Question re construction
Quick Question re construction [message #36065] Mon, 22 April 2002 07:08 Go to next message
SteveBrown is currently offline  SteveBrown
Grand Master
I thought I sent this on Sunday, but it didn't show up, so here goes again...

This weekend I began construction of cabinets for the Thermionic 3pi. So far so good, and I appreciate the help of others here. I'm going with a cherry plywood for sides and top, the front, back and bottom are baltic birch. The front baffle will be veneered with either a curly maple or walnut, can't decide which yet. So far they look really nice! The place I bought the cherry ply told me they couldn't guarantee it to be voide free, but they were confident it would be. In fact, as I've cut it, I have not found any voids. So I'll hope all is well there.

My question is on the plans for the driver cutouts. I'm not going to buy the driver kit until next month, so I just wanted to double check that the dimensions on the plans (woofer = 11 1/16, and tweeter = 11 x 5.5), that those dimensions are the cutout size... right? Also, from reading other posts it seems the approved damping material is R11 fiberglass without foil backing applied to back, one wall and the bottom, correct? Thanks for clarifications.
Steve

Quick answer re construction [message #36066 is a reply to message #36065] Mon, 22 April 2002 12:14 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Your cutout dimensions are right. Put the insulation on the back, bottom and side nearest the port. Also span the cross-section with a piece attached to the braces. Don't forget to remove the vapor barrier paper from the insulation.
Previous Topic: 4 Pi picture
Next Topic: Theater4 with 500c/hf-81/Foreplay-Paramour/ or zen?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:08:11 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio