Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Horns for Theater 4Pi
Horns for Theater 4Pi [message #35352] Thu, 07 March 2002 07:55 Go to next message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Hi all,
Hope someone can help me get creative with a horn. I have been looking for CH-3's for days and most dealers seem to think it will take almost a month to get them. I am not impatient, but I have been building my cabinets for about a month and It is time to hook 'em up!
I have already exhausted the sources previously mentioned on the forum.

1. I have already cut the holes so eminence horn will be too narrow.
2. JBL horns would cost more than all of my drivers.
3. (Wayne!?) I found a horn with similar dimensions that looks like a variant on the bi-radial flare. Does this look like it will work? (I am not afraid of potential compensation changes) Please follow link.

Re: Horns for Theater 4Pi [message #35353 is a reply to message #35352] Thu, 07 March 2002 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Adam is currently offline  Adam
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Believe me, I know how you feel.

I waited a good eight or nine months from the time I purchased the drivers before I actually started to build my Ten Pi's. It took me months to save up the money to start a full project, then just as I was on the brink, I decided to switch to Wayne's folded horn cabinets. That caused even more delays.

I had to wait six annoying weeks to get my CH-3 horns in for the first pair, who knows how long the second pair will take.

I looked at the lense you mentioned, it seems to me signifigantly different then the CH-3. Also, the construction appears to be signifigantly poorer then the CH-3. The Peavey lenses are built out of 3/8" thick ABS. Those lenses look pretty flimsy.

Depending on where you live, shipping from PE will probably take about two weeks anyway. You might as well wait the extra two weeks and order the CH-3 horns. The only reason mine took so long is because I'm in Canada.

good luck!

Adam

Re: Horns for Theater 4Pi [message #35357 is a reply to message #35352] Thu, 07 March 2002 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
trancemitr is currently offline  trancemitr
Viscount
I had placed an order with a place out of Tulsa that someone here recommended. They were going to be cheaper than local. After a month I called, and they still didn't have one word for me about them. I finally called back the local place, and they had them here in 5 days! I think it cost me about $5 more each. I can live with that. If you'd like a name and number, let me know.

Kevin

A CH3 solution [message #35359 is a reply to message #35352] Thu, 07 March 2002 12:47 Go to previous message
ToFo is currently offline  ToFo
Master
Thanks for the input guys. I found my own answer this time.
I will post details for a good ch3 source later tonight.
(i'm at work, and without notepad at the moment.)

Previous Topic: Photo's of My Theater 4 Pi's
Next Topic: birth announcement
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 11:22:15 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout