Home » Audio » General » Prayers for tornado victims
Prayers for tornado victims [message #4269] Sat, 05 May 2007 17:14 Go to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
I would like for everyone to please say a prayer for all the victims of the tornado in Greensburg, KS. I grew up and spent most of my 37 years just 20 miles west of Greensburg and know people there and can't imagine my whole town being wiped out.

......Shane

Re: Prayers for tornado victims [message #4271 is a reply to message #4269] Sat, 05 May 2007 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

Oh my God, Shane. Sounds like lots of your long term friends were affected. They're in our thoughts; Keep us posted.

Pics of the damage [message #4273 is a reply to message #4271] Sun, 06 May 2007 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
Here is a link to some aerial photos of the damage. The first shot in the series is pretty much the whole town. Unreal. People talk about a tornado taking out part of a town or such, and I've seen it happen and helped pick up in the aftermath, but I have NEVER seen a tornado take the WHOLE town.

Re: Pics of the damage [message #4280 is a reply to message #4273] Sun, 06 May 2007 22:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

The damage is overwhelming. Definitely gives one pause. I'm so sorry about that!

Re: Prayers for tornado victims [message #4288 is a reply to message #4269] Tue, 08 May 2007 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
Yes of course, that is a tragedy. I seen it on the news and was in shock that it happened. I will pray for everyone and I know that we will be able to come together to make this a better situation.

Re: Pics of the damage [message #4318 is a reply to message #4280] Tue, 15 May 2007 10:27 Go to previous message
randle is currently offline  randle
Master
The pictures are a good indication of the total damage. Years ago there was a small town in Ohio, called Xenia. A tornado came through similar to this one, and devastated the town. These pictures remind me of that.

Previous Topic: For those of us who couldn't make it???
Next Topic: FredT --- Ella Amp and ART arrays?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:34:34 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout
Smith & Larson Audio