Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » That darn bright/soft piezo switch !! (to Wayne)
That darn bright/soft piezo switch !! (to Wayne) [message #34372] Sun, 09 December 2001 15:32 Go to next message
Andy G is currently offline  Andy G
Viscount
Wayne, after reading the several replies from you and others, I have come up with this for trial.

What ya reckon?

Re: That darn bright/soft piezo switch !! (to Wayne) [message #34374 is a reply to message #34372] Sun, 09 December 2001 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
That's what I would do for a tweeter attenuator switch, exactly. I think I'd probably use a switched 0.22uF capacitor placed across a 0.1uF when the switch is closed. That way the circuit has 0.1uF when the switch is open and 0.33uF when closed. The tweeter will be attenuated 3dB when the switch is closed (0.33uF) and it will be attenuated 6dB when the switch is open (0.1uF).
Re: That darn bright/soft piezo switch !! (to Wayne) [message #34375 is a reply to message #34374] Sun, 09 December 2001 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andy G is currently offline  Andy G
Viscount
Thanks Wayne,

what sort of caps do I use? the normal caps I can get are much bigger values. Are 100v greencaps bipolar? I can also get 630v metalised poly in the right values, are they bipolar do you think, or should I ask the dealer?

Polypropylene film, metal foil capacitors [message #34376 is a reply to message #34375] Sun, 09 December 2001 20:32 Go to previous message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Use polypropylene film capacitors from your favorite vendor where possible. Get caps with foil conductors for small values, metalized film for larger values. You can find them from Solen, Dayton and just about every manufacturer of "audiophile" parts.
Previous Topic: Steve f/listening room
Next Topic: Making the most of these drivers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 23:44:39 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout