Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » Four Pi's finished!!
Four Pi's finished!! [message #33699] Wed, 15 August 2001 13:50 Go to next message
Frode is currently offline  Frode
Baron
Hi, Wayne!

I've just finished a set of Four Pi's with 2226H/Eminence 2001. They are better than I expected, and I'm real impressed!

The Four Pi's are my first experience with hi-eff speakers. I'm not sure how I should express it, but I think they sound very relaxed. I've had Sonus Faber Concerto and I currently own a set of Vandersteen 2Ce. Both of these are nice speakers, but I don't think that they are any better than the Four Pi's.

Take care, and keep up the good work!!

Regards
Frode
Norway

Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33700 is a reply to message #33699] Wed, 15 August 2001 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
replay is currently offline  replay
Grand Master
hi frode, i'm in the process of finishing my four pi's. i've built the cabinets with the woofer mounted near the top and will externally mount the eminence horn, i wasn't thinking about improving the sound i just felt they would look cooler. i'm using the eminence kilomax woofer, it looks cool with the heatsink mounted over the dustcap. i'll post my review in a couple of days. happy tweaking!!
Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33703 is a reply to message #33699] Wed, 15 August 2001 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Thanks for your kinds words and impressive comparisons. I'm very proud of these speakers and I'm glad you're enjoying them.
Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33708 is a reply to message #33703] Thu, 16 August 2001 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi Wayne!

Bass is clean and tight and very pleasant actually. It sounds like it rolls off about 40Hz which is deep enough for most music but if I want deeper bass, what subs would you recommend? I'm going to try a Sunfire True Sub Jr. this weekend, just to see how it works. I've had good experience with this sub and my Sonus Fabers, but that doesn't mean that it's a good match with the Four Pi's.

Regards
Frode

Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33710 is a reply to message #33708] Thu, 16 August 2001 09:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
The 2245 is a very nice subwoofer and matches well with four Pi loudspeakers. Put it in a 8-10 cubic foot box tuned to 30Hz. I'd suggest using a pair of them, below the four Pi's and possibly off to the side a bit. Having them in a different position in all three planes will help smooth room modes. Rolloff the subs above 100Hz, but allow the four Pi's to play as low as they'll go.
Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33711 is a reply to message #33710] Thu, 16 August 2001 12:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Thanks!! I'll look into that. I may try my Sunfire TS Jr first though.
Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33712 is a reply to message #33711] Thu, 16 August 2001 13:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
If you do, please let us know how it sounds.
right on time! [message #33714 is a reply to message #33699] Sat, 18 August 2001 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eldragon is currently offline  Eldragon
Viscount

...just stopped over to see finished 'Pi' speakers. I suppose your room is way too small for these speakers. And being familiar with europian 'building codes' (all concrete and brick) i think you should 'play' around with room and try to 'tame' it somehow!
I am looking forward to 'replay's' full review!

Dragan

Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33720 is a reply to message #33712] Mon, 20 August 2001 13:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Baron
Hi everyone!

Today I brought home Sunfire TS Jr. for testing. It seemed like the integration with the Four Pi was going to be much more diffcult, than with the Sonus Fabers I used to have. The bass wasn't "natural" anymore. I disconnected the sub.

The more I listen, the more I like Four Pi's without subs. I think I'll stop looking, these speakers sound fantastic!

Thanks for your help so far, Wayne! I'll mail you some pictures of the speaker when they are finished.

Best regards
Frode

Re: Four Pi's finished!! [message #33819 is a reply to message #33720] Fri, 07 September 2001 15:55 Go to previous message
Illuminati (33rd Degree)
Good work, Frode! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Previous Topic: speaker plans
Next Topic: Crossovers.................
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 12:13:54 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout