Home » Sponsored » Pi Speakers » resonance problem
resonance problem [message #33103] Wed, 28 March 2001 20:49 Go to next message
Tuneman is currently offline  Tuneman
Esquire
I was wondering what are some common causes of resonance. I have a set of Paradigm Monitor 70p's and one of the speakers resonantes whilst playing some of my favorite piano tunes. I took my speaker back and the tweeter diaphram was replaced. Dispite this repair the speaker still resonated, but to a lesser extent. I took the speaker back in for repairs after I showed the tech what the problem was and let him listen to the speaker. It was suggested that the amp be replaced, as they are powered towers.I was told that the speaker was sent back to the factory for repairs. Could it be that this one speaker was a bad one that got out in the world with a defective cabinet and/or drivers?
Re: resonance problem [message #33104 is a reply to message #33103] Wed, 28 March 2001 21:07 Go to previous message
RBP is currently offline  RBP
Chancellor
Very possible. you might have one voice coil winding that was rattling.. Just a wire vibrating in the voice coil that should have been laminated down. As per the amp replacement...a screw or nut inside could be buzzing, a ground problem in the amp, or simple amplifier osscillation. Lot's of causes...loose panels Shipping damage internally (Trucking companies do drop things)

Things do happen!

Previous Topic: Letter from Rob Gault, President of Eminence Speaker Corporation
Next Topic: What is a "motor"?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:01:09 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio
OddWatt Audio
Pi Speakers
Pi Speakers
Prosound Shootout
Prosound Shootout