Home » Audio » General » To The Monitor Of This Website:
To The Monitor Of This Website: [message #3821] Sun, 08 October 2006 12:34 Go to next message
Vinylly is currently offline  Vinylly
Chancellor
Just out of curiosity, and I know you most likely don't care what goes on at a competing website, -BUT, is there a personal animosity between this website and audioasylum.com?
It seems I made two posts for the first time yesterday on this site with a simple but straightforward inquiry, thinking that some of the members there might also post here and could possibly have an explanation as to why they were out of commission for several days. As you can see there was no malace intended.
It seems whenever I post your website over there, my posts are deleted, when I inquired as to the reason why, -now all my posts are deleted and I am apparently banned from there. I also know that you should not care how monitors of other websites behave, - but, did I step into something I didn't know about between the two of you?
Perhaps I shouldn't have used the same monikar, so how can I go about changing it?

Re: To The Monitor Of This Website: [message #3822 is a reply to message #3821] Sun, 08 October 2006 13:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shane is currently offline  Shane
Illuminati (3rd Degree)
There was/is a dispute between Rod and Wayne that occurred several years ago I believe. This is probably why your posts were pulled on AA.

I occasionally post on AA when I want to ask someone in particular a question about their design, for instance. There is a lot of knowledge there I believe, but it seems there is much name calling and "your wrong and I'm right" attitudes there that end up in personal attacks far too often anymore. So for the most part I just don't post.

Occasionally you'll see an argument here on ART, but not usually personal attacks. Sometimes about interpretation of the rules, which is bound to happen every once in a while, but for the most part everyone here gets along. Except if you're in the Dungeon where people can really express their opinions on off-audio topics. That's what the Dungeon is for so you don't see it in the other forums.

Although you won't see the type of multiple, quick responses to questions here on ART, you won't get a lot of the useless banter, fluff, and misdirection that can happen on AA.

Re: To The Monitor Of This Website: [message #3825 is a reply to message #3821] Mon, 09 October 2006 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wayne Parham is currently offline  Wayne Parham
Illuminati (33rd Degree)

AudioRoundTable.com has no affiliation with Audio Asylum. You'll have to contact Audio Asylum about any actions they have taken.

Re: Well, [message #3827 is a reply to message #3825] Mon, 09 October 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
They could have at least shown the courtesy of explaining why I was deleted and banned. Oh well, better to sit back and enjoy the music rather then punching away on a computer talking about your components.

Hi Vinylly [message #3828 is a reply to message #3821] Mon, 09 October 2006 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Glad to see you here. I always enjoyed your posts over on the other site. I won't go back there again. Hope you stick around. Not as much traffic over here but at least no sock puppets etc.

Re: Hi Mr. Vinyl ! [message #3830 is a reply to message #3828] Mon, 09 October 2006 19:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
Glad to meet old acquintances.
Can you imagine, I gave references to this site when AudioAsylum was down, and I got banned without warning or reason.
I haven't tested to see if I'm on yet, and I'm not sure I'll try. I always thought Ron M and Bruce from DC were good and reasonable people, not like some of the yahoos who post there, -that's the real disapointment.

Re: Hi Mr. Vinyl ! [message #3832 is a reply to message #3830] Tue, 10 October 2006 07:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr Vinyl is currently offline  Mr Vinyl
Illuminati (1st Degree)
Well, I don't know what's going on over at AA. It's a real shame. IMO the place is full on manufacturers and sock puppets. As I said, this site has much less traffic but at least the people that post here are "real" people. Hope you post from time to time. The Dungeon and the Tower here are similar to the Outside where anything goes but is much more civil. Much less name calling.

In any case, glad to see you.

Re: Thanks For The 'Dungeon and Tower' Lead: [message #3833 is a reply to message #3832] Tue, 10 October 2006 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
This makes it complete, who needs 'Outside Asylum' when we can play 'Dungeons and Dragons' here.
I just added a little story in the Dungeon.

Re: Very Strange: [message #3834 is a reply to message #3827] Tue, 10 October 2006 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chancellor
l>General Forum - Re: Very Strange: - Vinylly, October 10, 2006 at 11:15:00 Re: Very Strange:[ General Forum ] [ Help ]
Re: Hi Mr. Vinyl ! [message #3888 is a reply to message #3830] Fri, 27 October 2006 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
tomt is currently offline  tomt
Baron
Banned?

lol

Previous Topic: CD player suggestions
Next Topic: Magnetic Engines
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 04:16:52 CDT 2024

Sponsoring Organizations

DIY Audio Projects
DIY Audio Projects
OddWatt Audio